Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: Can I buy any type of gun with an expunged record?

It's nice that you checked back in to tell us how it turned out. It gives others who might have a similar question in the future more pertinent information. I wish more people would post the results but most seem to disappear after getting advice. Props to you.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    It's nice that you checked back in to tell us how it turned out. It gives others who might have a similar question in the future more pertinent information. I wish more people would post the results but most seem to disappear after getting advice. Props to you.
    Thanks,

But I am still looking to find out some info on if I am still on the "No Buy List" since my juvenile record has now been officially been expunged? ... will NICS still find me? BTW... I have since moved to New Jersey and I am a current holder of a TWIC card... if that helps.

I'm not a lawyer but I would do one of two things if I were you:

1) Contact a lawyer and have them figure it out. Yes, this does cost a bit of money but your situation is a somewhat touchy one. It's probably better just to bite the bullet and pay a lawyer a few hundred dollars to do some checking for you. This is the safest option and the one I would do.

2) If you are friends in the police department, then have them run the check or even contact the ATF for you. This way you aren't filling out the form to try to purchase a weapon, just getting the check done. The problems with this is that you are *not* dealing with lawyers or even with people who know the law all that well (typically). You will likely be told you are prohibited without any sort of check being done and may run into a wall of gov't tape.

In short, go with option one and contact a lawyer. We can armchair this thing until the cows come home and it won't change a thing. I would suggest you contact GunLawyer001 here on the forums first. Very knowledgeable gentlemen and he is likely to know much more about this topic than most other lawyers. This won't help you with being in New Jersey (poor bastard) but since firearms and sales thereof falls under the federal realm it "shouldn't" matter.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345