Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Can I buy any type of gun with an expunged record?

It looks like i am ok on all questions. "C" is the only one i worry about. I was never CONVICTED. Only adjudicated. My crime could have carried over a year in prison. but never did. I did get probation. the exemption at the very bottom said that i would be ok to purchase a gun if my case was expunged. At this moment in time, I am only sure that it was sealed.

(Westmoreland County)

so.. even if adjudicated, i cannot possess a firearm even if the offense happened before the age of 18. However, would this stance change if the charges were expunged?

(Allegheny County)

You probably should not have made the crack about lawyers, then GL would have already answered this perhaps.
    The way I read it, and I am no lawyer, but really really smart, is that if your original crime had anything to do with the previously posted list, then you are ast-out.

However, if after reviewing your record during the expungement process, a judge granted the expungement, I would not hesitate to say that you may be ok.

To be REALLY sure, wait till you are 30.

Not to be a wise ass, but I say to my kids all the time, these words to live by:

If You Are Gonna Be Stupid, You Better Be Tough.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
    It takes 40 muscles to frown, but only 4 to pull the trigger on a decent sniper rifle.

(Westmoreland County)

thanks for all the advice. I will see what happens after the expungement.

(Westmoreland County)

I hate lawyers!

(Pike County)

Your request, rewritten for clarity of purpose:

I did lots and lots of bad shit not too long ago, but now I'm an "adult". Will somebody please tell me that everything is ok and that there are no consequences going forward. Because I want a gun, and my wants are all I ever think about anyway ...

Are you familiar with the term "spoonie". It defines a person who doesn't want to do any research of his own, but rather who wants to be "spoon-fed" information.

Then there are spoonies like you who not only want to be catered to but also don't want any experts raining on their parade. A "just tell me it is all sunshine, rainbows, puppies, and unicorns" spoonie.

Here's the rub. You did what you did (of all the participants in this conversation, only you know the true extent of your crimes) and despite your wishes to the contrary you already have a pretty strong suspicion you are prohibited. My advice, grow up and do the work.

Quote Originally Posted by deejmonster View Post
    ... dont want to talk to a lawyer or look through legal doc's. i would much rather have a clear and simple answer.

If you could answer this, it would really make me happy

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This is untrue. I have no idea why you would post that.

GL a judge told me that. If I see him again and remember I will ask for clarification!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

if the record is expounged then what record?
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I have the answer, but alas, I'm a lawyer, and you ruled that out.

For anyone else, look at 6105 (c)(7).

Why go to an expert on a question regarding expertise.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Your request, rewritten for clarity of purpose:

I did lots and lots of bad shit not too long ago, but now I'm an "adult". Will somebody please tell me that everything is ok and that there are no consequences going forward. Because I want a gun, and my wants are all I ever think about anyway ...

Are you familiar with the term "spoonie". It defines a person who doesn't want to do any research of his own, but rather who wants to be "spoon-fed" information.

Then there are spoonies like you who not only want to be catered to but also don't want any experts raining on their parade. A "just tell me it is all sunshine, rainbows, puppies, and unicorns" spoonie.

Here's the rub. You did what you did (of all the participants in this conversation, only you know the true extent of your crimes) and despite your wishes to the contrary you already have a pretty strong suspicion you are prohibited. My advice, grow up and do the work.
    I really dont feel like this form of response is necessary. I did my research, and looked through legal documents before and I dont have immediate access to a judge or lawyer. I did my research, but it seems like there are some grey areas and the wording is so hard to understand. I am unable to really comprehend legal documents. I came to this forum for help because i felt like its users were more educated than i am on the fact and I am tired of coming up with no answer to my problem and being confused. I feel that your response is rude and it says nothing about who I am personally. My crimes were committed over 10 years ago. I was a child. I am a college graduate and I have turned my life around. I have gone through everything I was supposed to do in life and i am working really hard on turning my life around. Doing all this is not easy, therefore it does not classify me as a spoonie. I work very hard in my life and I dont want to look like a fool for not properly knowing my rights. I would rather find some information on the fact, that is why this forum is here. To take questions, comments, and concerns. You have no idea what research i have done. My comment that i dont want to do research or talk to a lawyer is because i dont have them time or connections. I am sick of not knowing my rights. So i came to this forum for help. Your response is ignorant to all parties involved and it shows that you are no help when someone asks you for assistance. I ask that if you do not like my thread or comments, then you please do not post on them. Its that simple. Your comments are unintelligent and have no information useful to this thread.
    Last edited by deejmonster; March 11th, 2011 at 08:37 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast