Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default best place to buy ammo????

is there anywhere else i could buy ammo cheaper than walmart i want to use it for range

i have a sr9c 9mm

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: best place to buy ammo????

If buying bulk, ive been thinking ammoman.com has the best deals ?

(Pike County)

I bought the last batch of Tula 9mm at the gun show for $9 per.
    Je suis déplorable

ammoengine.com usually has good search options per round, but the federal at walmart is a good price. CHeck out slickguns.com, you can find all kinds of deals there on guns and ammo from various sites.

also the sportmans guide has some good deals here and there.

(Centre County)

I've purchased at some good prices at sportsmansguide and ammunitiontogo, but I keep going back to aimsurplus.com.

(Allegheny County)

Walmart is usually the cheapest, by a hair, but I generally buy from aimsurplus and my local shop. Rather support a small business than walmart, even if it costs a few bucks extra. And buying from my local shop keeps me in good standing as a customer, I feel, so when I need something small like boresighting or a part, they take care of me.
    Sec. 21. The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Sec. 25. To guard against transgressions of the high powers which we have delegated, we declare that everything in this article is excepted out of the general powers of government and shall forever remain inviolate.

if you are shooting a 9mm i would reccomend getting into reloading. I am going to be getting into it myself and it seems you can find a good reload set up to start with for like $200 or get oen used.

Try to get a touret press and stay away from single stage.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    if you are shooting a 9mm i would reccomend getting into reloading. I am going to be getting into it myself and it seems you can find a good reload set up to start with for like $200 or get oen used.

Try to get a touret press and stay away from single stage.
    If you have not reloaded before, why would you recommend staying away from a single stage? FWIW, I just purchased a single stage Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit that came with everything I needed except for components. I paid $100. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Loaded my first 10 rounds of 9MM 2 days ago, took them to the range and they worked flawlessly. I spent 40 minutes yesterday with my 11 year old son and cranked out another 50 rounds.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, single stage is the way to go. If 100 rounds an hour is plenty, single stage is the way to go.

My $0.02, YMMV
    Certified Glock Armorer; Member GSSF, NRA

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by cderk View Post
    If you have not reloaded before, why would you recommend staying away from a single stage? FWIW, I just purchased a single stage Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit that came with everything I needed except for components. I paid $100. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Loaded my first 10 rounds of 9MM 2 days ago, took them to the range and they worked flawlessly. I spent 40 minutes yesterday with my 11 year old son and cranked out another 50 rounds.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, single stage is the way to go. If 100 rounds an hour is plenty, single stage is the way to go.

My $0.02, YMMV
    And for a few dollars more you can go the turret route and be able to crank them out faster. http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=622290

(Northampton County)

I've used luckygunner.com in the past for 9mm ammo. I got an order of Military Ballistics 1000rds for $195 shipped. I did not have one issue with the ammo, and it's brass as well. You can do better with Tula, but the cartridges are throwaways. They run tula specials all the time. If you are not buying bulk, I don't think you can do much better than Walmart. Smokewagongear.com had some great specials on Federal .223 as well. Ammoengine.com can help you find good deals.

Check in with the sites often as I know they have sales and weekend specials. Try to sign up for their email blasts as well so you know when the deals hit.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast