Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default What about a Springfield XD?

I've been eyeing up the Springfield XD, Tactical 5"; does anybody here have one or know of any news about them?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: What about a Springfield XD?

Quote Originally Posted by wboggs View Post
    I've been eyeing up the Springfield XD, Tactical 5"; does anybody here have one or know of any news about them?
    ive fired an xd before they are nice ,the ambi dexterous mag release would come in handy should one hand be disabled in a firefight or any other situation like that.
    Gott mit uns

(Montgomery County)

I have a 45ACP 5" tactical model XD, it has operated flawlessly since purchase earlier this year, and is accurate to boot.

Its much more comfortable for me to shoot than a G21.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Clearfield County)

The XD's are great they are just as good as glocks or m&p IMHO.It just comes down to witch one you like better.I have a 40 service model and never had a problem with it.Some of the guys I shoot IDPA with have the tactical models I've never heard any complaints from them.My friend that I shoot with every week has a XD 45 and he likes it allot.

I don't think you can go wrong with a XD.I have also read that Springfield has great customer service if you ever have a problem.
    Steve

(Berks County)

I have an XD9 service and love it, not one single problem with it, do yourself a favor tho and if you want night sights on it order it with them on, there a pain to get the factory ones off and you should have a tool to put the new ones on there, I broke 2 sets of rear tru glo's trying to put them on with a brass punch.

(Allegheny County)

I second the great customer service from Springfield...

But to answer your question, the XD is a pretty decent firearm. It's very purpose driven and not pretty. But, it functions well. I carry an XD40 Service model most of the time. It's only jammed 15 times, but they were all in a row. I went back up to the clubhouse and asked Ace for another bag of reloads & then the problem was solved. There hasn't been one problem since. I've shot a variety of the premium personal defense loads out of it, and in pretty high quantity too.

I've been thinking about getting the XD40 in sub-compact because I've heard some pretty good things about it. I don't really have a purpose for the Tactical model, but I'd bet it'd be a worthwhile investment. If I did decide to get the 5" someday, it'd be in .45acp for a fun target shooter.

(Cambria County)

From the minute I got mine (An XD 9mm 4inch in bitone)I have loved it. They say it is one of the most natural pointing guns around. And I have to agree. I just seem to shoot better with it than any other pistol I have shot in a while. I shoot IDPA with it and when things get hectic, that gun shoots better than I do. (I'm surprised by some of the groups I get with it) I get lots of compliments on my shooting, and I credit a lot of that to the handgun, since I haven't shot in a while before purchasing it. I haven't had a FTF or any other problem since I got it and I probably have around 2000 round thru it by now. I don't baby it. And I have gone weeks without cleaning it and had no problems.
    I do like all the safeties built in to the pistol. I consider this a big plus. Yet, just by gripping and pulling the trigger, they are taken off one at a time till the pistol fires.
    Springfield offers some trigger work. But I don't know if I want to mess with it or not. I wish I could find someone that had it done, to see if I would like it or not. Right now, I have no problem with the trigger. It is long, but you get use to it very quickly. Wonder how the trigger job would remedy this?
    Only bad thing would be the cost of the magazines. They aren't cheap.

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

The Springfield mags aren't cheap, but they're worth it. I have a 22rd ProMag that is garbage, but fun when the follower doesn't get caught up & two un branded mags I bought at the Monroeville gun expo (before the incident) and none of them are reliable. So $20 for the hicap Springfield mags are worth it...

(Delaware County)

I have had an XD-45 Service for about a year. It is my primary concealed carry handgun. I purchased mine prior to Springfield coming out with the short grip version of the service so mine uses 13 round mags. I have put about 2000 rounds through it and have not yet experienced my first failure of any kind. I like it a lot.

(Bucks County)

I carry an XD9 Subcompact that uses modified .40 magazines to hold 13+1 rounds, and I love it. When shooting from a draw without using the sights I am always on an 8" target at 10 yards, so I'm very comfortable with it in a defensive scenario.

I have a Springfield Trophy Match 1911 as well, and I've been thinking of picking up a tactical XD40 or XD45.

Chris

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast