Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Charles Daly pump

I received a Charles Daly field tactical pump as a gift. I would like to change to a pistol grip with collapsable or foldable stock. I checked all over the internet and cannot find any company that makes one. Does anyone know of any or if these parts for other shotguns are compatible? Seeing that this is a gift, I would rather not trade it in for a different shotgun. Don't need the whole 'hurt feelings' thing.

Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Charles Daly pump

You should get a hold of KBI (i think they are the importer of the charles daly line) and ask them which after market stuff fits it. i suspect either 870 or mossy 50 stuff will fit it.

(Centre County)

1 866 325 9782

Just remenber, Charles Daly is pretty strict about their warrenty policy. When they say they will only warrenty UNMODIFIED firearm, they mean they will not warrenty ANY modified gun, no matter how unrelated that is
    If your firearm is modified in ANY WAY OR SHAPE, other then use what they sell, they will not honor the lifetime warrenty, unless you pay them to return the firearm to original form.

I talked to a guy who had empire 1911 sent back to warrenty. He had hogue grip on it, and they said that they will have to return the gun to original as way it left factory before they honor warrenty(by that meaning they would have charged him something like $100 to have their grip installed)

Becareful modding CD firearm
    Last edited by Mity2; December 12th, 2007 at 06:03 PM.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Monroe County)

I appreciate the heads-up. I'm not too concerned about the warrantee. I have other shotguns that I will use more often, I would just like to turn this into more of a home defense gun. What is the phone number for on your reply....1 866 325 9782?

(Centre County)

KBI's sales dept

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    1 866 325 9782

Just remenber, Charles Daly is pretty strict about their warrenty policy. When they say they will only warrenty UNMODIFIED firearm, they mean they will not warrenty ANY modified gun, no matter how unrelated that is
    If your firearm is modified in ANY WAY OR SHAPE, other then use what they sell, they will not honor the lifetime warrenty, unless you pay them to return the firearm to original form.

I talked to a guy who had empire 1911 sent back to warrenty. He had hogue grip on it, and they said that they will have to return the gun to original as way it left factory before they honor warrenty(by that meaning they would have charged him something like $100 to have their grip installed)

Becareful modding CD firearm
    Mity2: I would like to hear form you as I posted my email address for you in the AR thread.

We are strict about our warranty, but not so strict that we would have charged $100 to remove your friends Hogue grip and replace it with a factory one. That is just not possible and makes me think there is more to this story.

I would really like to know more about this episode. Could you get me the serial number on this gun. I will research the repair order and get all the information I can on it, then I will post my findings.
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.

Manufacturers, Importers and Distributors of Charles Daly and other fine firearms.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jm1972 View Post
    I received a Charles Daly field tactical pump as a gift. I would like to change to a pistol grip with collapsable or foldable stock. I checked all over the internet and cannot find any company that makes one. Does anyone know of any or if these parts for other shotguns are compatible? Seeing that this is a gift, I would rather not trade it in for a different shotgun. Don't need the whole 'hurt feelings' thing.

Thanks.
    jim1972: I wish I could help you, but ATF has told us that we cannot sell a pistol grip for our "imported" pump shotgun. The reason is that it is illegal to assemble a shotgun using imported parts, if that shotgun would be prohibited from importation if the offending part was installed. (In ths case, the shotgun would no longer meet the "sporting criteria" if it had the pistol grip on it.

We don't know of any other after-market grips that would fit our guns.
    Michael Kassnar, President
    K.B.I., Inc.

Manufacturers, Importers and Distributors of Charles Daly and other fine firearms.

(Centre County)

I forgot about this thread until now, and I have to make a correction.

The guy with empire 1911 - which was posted on other forum - appearently forgot to mention few things about his 1911.
    It wasn't grip, but grip safety (which I assume frame was altered), and possibly trigger work as well. Which justifies the denile of warrenty work.
    most manufactures disclaims that warrenty apply to NON altered gun. Frame alteration would certainly change firearm from non-altered to altered.

I take this opportunity to appologize for my hasty post without getting to the bottom of the situation...