Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default It was destiny, I guess?

So I decided to finally take the plunge and get a 40cal. Semi-auto a few months back. I initially compared the Glock 22/23, S&W M&P and the Springfield XD series. I took my time and didn't rush but low and behold I noticed the Ruger SD40 a few weeks ago.

I therefore went on a quest to find the "all black" version since I'm not a fan of the two-tone look. Well if you've tried looking for these then you understand that they are hard to come by (especially local).

I also heard a rumor that Ruger MAY have plans for a SD40 in compact so I was again troubled.

So a friend told me about a Gun shop that he had a recent good experience at and I went in to check it out (also thinking maybe I'd get lucky and find that SD40 in black).

Well I didn't even get that far since my eye caught a Milsurp rifle and after a brief conversation, a Mosin 91/30 in great shape with all matching numbers was in front of me and I said SOLD.

Funny thing about the paperwork process. You always seem to shop some more as you wait and start piling up additional things you thought you needed. I know you all are thinking about that time you went to pick up a box of ammo. and left the store with a grocery bag full of crap.

So out of the corner of my eye I see a New Gen 3 Glock 23 and something inside just snapped. Not sure why. Not sure what happened to my weeks of planning for that Ruger but all the planets came in alignment and I just had to have it.

So I did.

What an expensive day but glad it happened.

Now I'm a Glock 23 owner........Sorry Ruger
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: It was destiny, I guess?

Ruger makes an SR9 and the SR40. Smith and Wesson makes the SD9 and SD40 pictols, to avoid the confusion you may be suffering from.

No need to apologize, all of the utilitarian plastic fantastic pistols are just about the damn same. It is hard to tell them apart if you were blindfolded. Kind of like jailbait at an orgy.

Now go out and buy three thousand rounds of ammo, a bunch of targets and spend some time shooting. Change targets frequently to chart progress.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!