Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Butler County)

Default reinstate gun rights

wasnt really sure how to word the topic title, but anyways. I have a friend who commited a felony in 1991. It was accessory to burglary. That was the first and last time he was ever in trouble. He wonders if he would ever be able to get his gun rights back. I told him that I have no idea how or IF you could even do that. He currently lives in VA, and would like to pursue the possibilty of getting his rights back. Does he even stand a chance in hell? The offense was commited in PA. It wasn't drug or violence related, just apparently stealing things enough to qualify as a felony. Anyone have any experience with such a thing? I told him to call an attorney, but I figured it would give me something to talk about and read on this forum.

(Centre County)

Default Re: reinstate gun rights

Governer's pardon is the way to go. There's about 1000 of these threads out there, including one fro this week that's got a link to the proper procedures.

Because this is a VA man with a PA crime, I'm not sure which governor would need to do the pardon, but I'm guessing the jurisdiction in which the crime occurred, ie. Pa.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: reinstate gun rights

Quote Originally Posted by legendarylorot View Post
    Governer's pardon is the way to go. There's about 1000 of these threads out there, including one fro this week that's got a link to the proper procedures.

Because this is a VA man with a PA crime, I'm not sure which governor would need to do the pardon, but I'm guessing the jurisdiction in which the crime occurred, ie. Pa.
    A pardon is indeed what he needs. It must be by the governor in the state which the conviction was made.

After getting a pardon he will need to expunge the records from his history, which will take a court hearing.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!