Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700

Default Remington 700

I have a Remington 700 7mm mag. i looked up the serial numbers a few years ago, if i remember right it was made in 1986

all of my firearms are like toys to me, i just like to shoot them. since ammuntion costs so much for it, and i do not hunt, i was thinking about selling it or trading, but dont know what to ask. still not 100% sure i want to part with it yet, any suggestions on what its worth?

thanks for looking

Default Re: Remington 700

It looks like an ADL model, which is the low end Remingtons. I don't see a bottom floor plate on your rifle and due to it's age, I'd guess that it is indeed an ADL model. Fair price on an ADL would probably be $400. Stock looks in good condition. If I were to trade for it...I'd only want it for the action to build up another rifle. I prefer a heavier contour barrel for long range shooting. I wouldn't want to use a 7mm mag for hunting in PA.

(Delaware County)

One way I look at the value of a gun is to go to Gunbroker.com and do a search for it. It can help to see what others are asking for the same gun. An even better way is to create a free account at Gunbroker, do a search for your gun but use "completed sales" as the search source. That will tell you what people actually paid for that gun in the past.

From the custom search I did, it seemed like Aubie gave a pretty good estimate. You did not mention any specs on the scope. I think it's value would be in addition to the rifle.

But a value depends on who wants or needs one at the time.

(York County)

New ADL's with factory scopes are regularly on "Sale" at Gander Mtn. for $400

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mp517prct View Post
    New ADL's with factory scopes are regularly on "Sale" at Gander Mtn. for $400
    keyword is new.

if its in good condition id choose a used one over new any day. they seem better built back then.

personally i wouldnt take less than 400, but id certainly try for 500

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    keyword is new.

if its in good condition id choose a used one over new any day. they seem better built back then.

I totally agree...

(Perry County)

I totally agree...
    If selling it quickly isn't important why not start high and let it drop to wherever you find a seller or find you want to keep it more than give it away?

Put it on Gun broker with a $450 starting bid or put it in the classified here and drop it $25 a week or so?

Quote Originally Posted by den9 View Post
    keyword is new.

I totally agree...
    I agree with both of you that I'd take an old ADL over a new one, especially if a build was in mind. I still don't know many buyers in the "know" who would pay much over $400 for a used ADL. I've seen old BDL's with pretty nice wood on them go for not much over $400, and even when they were a bit "high" never for much over $450. Someone wanting an older ADL will probably know what it's worth and be unwilling to pay $500 for it, and then someone who is a bit new will think exactly what was stated earlier, "I can buy a new one with a scope from so and so's for $400." I think asking for $500 is just hopeful, but you never know, sometimes you find someone who is willing to pay it. I'm with Aubie though, $400 for the rifle seems pretty fair and a price that someone will jump on.

(Bucks County)

what does adl stand for?

I don't know what ADL stands for but its Obviously less then the BDL. Usually a ADL has a all wood stock beautiful but simple. The BDL has a fancier stock with Black tip on the fore hand stock with white trim and more craving in the stock.
    From my short evaulation the lockwork and barrels are the same.
    Last edited by Neko456; March 14th, 2011 at 08:47 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast