Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: crannnberry gun stores

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    ... your answer to "store in Cranberry" is a place North of 80? There are 20 stores closer to Cranberry than that place, including every store in Pittsburgh. The point of this thread is convenience.
    There's another Cranberry, east of Franklin on Rt. 322.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    ... your answer to "store in Cranberry" is a place North of 80? There are 20 stores closer to Cranberry than that place, including every store in Pittsburgh. The point of this thread is convenience.
    he may be talking about the other cranberry...
    PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals

(Butler County)

For Cranberry Township, your overlooking one major item...no matter how much cash you have, you gotta find acceptable zoning. There is minimal property available that is currently zoned in a way that would allow a gun shop (I've talk to the township zoning officer).

Keep in mind, this type of business is a destination for the customer, not a spur of the moment destination because they see a sign/location on a busy street. There is no need for it to be right on 19 (rent/development is costly)...but if you do call the zoning officer, you'll find that most of the poperty zoned appropriately falls on 19

But on a side note, I drove by the old SAMS Club building south on McKnight road...that would be a killer place for a shop and indoor range (no clue on zoning or cost on that one).

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by zeroflat24 View Post
    But after almost 22 years of living in c-berry im moving out as soon as i can. WAAAAY to many yuppies for this good ol boy.
    AMEN! One elementary girl actually told a teacher her mother did not allow her to wear jeans because she looked like Evans City white trash! As someone who has looked into leasing stores in Cranberry, they are averaging $6k/month.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by AlpacaFarmer View Post

Keep in mind, this type of business is a destination for the customer, not a spur of the moment destination because they see a sign/location on a busy street. There is no need for it to be right on 19 (rent/development is costly)...but if you do call the zoning officer, you'll find that most of the poperty zoned appropriately falls on 19
    Thats not entirely true, a lot of times if I'm out and pass a sign for a gun store I'll stop in unless I need to be somewhere.

(Lawrence County)

http://www.usedgunspa.com/

This is ~30 mins from Cranberry, at least he northern part. I've been in there a few times since it's like a block from my house. If had the cash, I'd spend money there.

And the gun store in Cranberry Twp. idea? Not going to happen. Nothing that makes sense gets past the zoning assholes. And the yuppies with cash are quite willing to truck on down to ACE in Monroeville for their guns.
    ~ All Knowledge Is Worth Having ~

Quote Originally Posted by the1jeffy View Post
    http://www.usedgunspa.com/

This is ~30 mins from Cranberry, at least he northern part. I've been in there a few times since it's like a block from my house. If had the cash, I'd spend money there.

And the gun store in Cranberry Twp. idea? Not going to happen. Nothing that makes sense gets past the zoning assholes. And the yuppies with cash are quite willing to truck on down to ACE in Monroeville for their guns.
    Nice, didn't know that was close by, I'll have to keep them in mind, thanks! They are Class III as well!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234