Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Fayette County)

Default Re: crannnberry gun stores

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    I second that. This would be a great location.
    Is that right?

There MAY be a chance that I could open up a small store front FFL in a few years from now.

I really like Cranberry a lot and would like to live there.
    The people are nice, and the town has everything and is only 15 minutes from Pittsburgh.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

you guys front the cash I'll open the store

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    The people are nice, and the town has everything and is only 15 minutes from Pittsburgh.
    The town doesn't have everything. Things that come to mind:

PEPSI FF RESTAURANTS - KFC and Taco Bell to be specific
    Red Lobster - bailed because the TWP screwed with them
    Sam's Club - I don't care and F Walmart people anyway, but the nearest SC is a hike
    Gun Store - as previously mentioned
    Shooting Range - see above
    Sporting Goods Store - because Dick's can EAT dicks
    A Real Hoagie Shop - Hello, Uncle Sams? Peppis?

What Cranberry has more than enough of:

Pizza shops - somewhere around 50 places and counting
    Drug stores - why the FUCK are there 20 drug stores in a 2 mile grid?
    Banks - who still goes to a bank? seriously... it is 2011. Get direct deposit assclowns.

/endrant

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    There are no proper storefront gun stores in Cranberry. The closest one I know of is the Big Buck Sport Shop in Wexford. Then it is a toss up of John Brown's in Rochester or maybe Snake Run in Koppel (haven't been there yet but have seen him at shows).

We could really use a nice store/range. Say just North of the 'berry near the auto auction? One of you get on that. K thx.
    Snake Run only sells gun/military/police gear and accessories he actually doesnt sell firearms. he sells ar uppers ive seen and ammo, holsters
    I't ain't braggin if you can do it !

(Butler County)

Dukes on 422 just east of New Castle is where I go for all of my handgun needs. Very easy 20 minute drive from Zelienople. They always treat you with respect and their prices are a hell of a lot lower than the place in Wexford. I agree though that a store is needed in Cranberry Township. I believe it would go over very well!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by taurus.38 View Post
    Very easy 20 minute drive from Zelienople.
    No way you get from Zelie to New Castle in 20 minutes. Not even in the dead of night with no traffic on the highways. I drive real fast but that's out of control. Unless... you have a helicopter?

I agree though that a store is needed in Cranberry Township. I believe it would go over very well!
    Amen. Well... it would be best if it were done well and had good stock and prices. But the location should encourage a convergence of shoppers. Gun store shoppers aren't shy about road trips. Why isn't this done yet? You people have had a month now.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Butler County)

We do need a nice place with a range and store. Everything good is at least 30 mins away from Cran. Big Bucks is way to expensive.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    No way you get from Zelie to New Castle in 20 minutes. Not even in the dead of night with no traffic on the highways. I drive real fast but that's out of control. Unless... you have a helicopter?

Amen. Well... it would be best if it were done well and had good stock and prices. But the location should encourage a convergence of shoppers. Gun store shoppers aren't shy about road trips. Why isn't this done yet? You people have had a month now.
    Ok...maybe 30 minutes....usually going there to buy a gun and am anxious, seems like 20 minutes. I believe the problem in Cranberry in that rental fees per square foot are very high. I do think though that with proper funding and the right store, loaded to the max with firearms of all kinds, kind of like an Ace sporting goods store, would be a sure hit. I can say that every gun store that I have been in has always been very busy. The people in Cranberry piss money and I'm sure it would be a hit!!!!

(Butler County)

You can have all the money in the world, but with zoning laws working against you, you'll never get anything done. Just keep in mind that Cracker Barrel was going to open up a restuarant in Cranberry, but couldn't settle on one zoning issue...the height of their sign

(Butler County)

I really don't think that zoning issues have a whole lot to do with the lack of a gun store in Cranberry. As someone who's had family in the township and then lived there myself for 30+ years, I actually appreciate what they're trying to do. If someone of the long-range planning had been in effect back in the 80s when the sprawl started, I don't think we'd have nearly as many traffic and property problems as we to today. However a lot of that is aimed at the big developers and large retail chains. (Note: I'm not going to participate in a zoning debate here, just stating my opinion as the opening to my main point.)

I think that most of the reason there's no gun store in Cranberry is that simply no one has tried to do it - at least I've not heard of a startup in years. I don't have any big problem with Big Buck as the few times I've been in there I thought I had good service. I usually shop online, used at shows, etc. But my understanding is that by and large their pricing is high, although that's based on others and not my own personal experience. They seem to get bashed a lot for that at any rate. However, a big part of the reason they can (supposedly) charge higher prices is because of a lack of competition. If someone opened up a credible alternative ala Ace's or Sportsmen's Supply in Cranberry or the surrounding area, I think people would visit in droves. Competition would drive prices, innovation, etc. The whole capitalism thing, you know?

High rental costs right in "downtown" could be a limiting factor, but there's a number of empty or high-turnover older storefronts that could be great possibilities (e.g. where AutoZone is now - old Viola's market plaza, Piazza Plaza has lots of turnover, etc). Right in the neighborhood, so to speak, is Zelinople, Jackson Township, Harmony, Callery or Forward Township - all lower-priced alternatives but close enough to hit the major population center in the region.

The people in Cranberry piss money and I'm sure it would be a hit!!!!
    Ha! I wish that were the case! Then my firearms habit would be a lot easier on the wallet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast