Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default PA/MidAtlantic Early Spring Camp - April 8. 9, 10 - Let's Blow Stuff Up!

It looks like the final chapter in the NE PA campout sage will be written at the end of April. As such I would like to have a camp the 2nd weekend of the month April 8, 9, 10.

For the primary shooting part if the event I would like to make it [span style='font-weight: bold;']"Let's Blow Stuff Up![/span]" on April 9th. From noon until it's too dark to shoot (and then we will do another night shoot in the model of the one done at the winter camp). I've got a case and a half of Tannerite and need to use it up. Feel free to bring along your own, too.

If anyone cares about the issues motivating this, feel free to email me for details.

The usual info:

This is an open event but on the off chance it is hugely popular I'll have to cut the attendance off at some reasonable number. You don't need to show up for all three days, but you do need to let us know you plan to attend and when.

Some general info on the property and things:

This is a family-friendly event. If you plan on bringing family members who will be looking to do something else while you're working on your outdoors skillset, let me know and I'll send links to other activities in the general area.

42 acres, ~ 38 acres are wooded and moderate to fairly steep terrain. We can shoot safely at multiple locations on the property. Controlled fires are permitted. We have fire pits set-up at the campsite.

ATVs are permitted. One of the attendees at the last event had no trouble getting his UTV all the way to the campsite, so no issues there. Some of the less used ATV trails are not usable by really large ATV/UTVs.

Attendees are responsible for their own food. There is a small market in the nearest town if you need those types of supplies. Alcohol is permitted after shooting activities are completed for the day. Drunken behavior is not.

Don't get pissed if I ask you to sign a release if we do shooting activities. Yes, I'm paranoid. There are plenty of places to shoot safely.

There is a running stream on the property if you want to use it as a water supply. It may or may not have water in it; it depends on what the weather has been like. There is a spring that I have deeded access to as well, but I've never used it. There is potable water available on site regardless, at the main cabin, so you don't need to bring filled water cans unless you want to; you can fill them on-site

We will be using the pack-in campsite. it's about a half-mile walk from where the parking is. At the very least, my ATV will be available to run supplies and equipment from the parking area to the camping area. The elevation change from the parking area to the campsite is about 300 feet. Ask questions in the thread about the terrain; it's not as easy to handle as you might think. Remember: despite the easy availability of water and prepared trails this is[span style='font-weight: bold;'] [span style='font-style: italic;']primitive camping[/span][/span], with all that entails.

We've done a fair amount of prep work on the campsite in the past, and there is a nice flat area that we use as the main camp that has space for at least 20-25 tent sites (that aren't on top of each other). If the weather does not permit access to the main campsite (as it did last year) we will use the campsite by the new shooting area. As always, the cabin is available if necessary

The area is in NE PA, less than 20 miles from NYS and 45 miles west of Scranton, PA.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']What to do if you plan to attend:[/span]

Email me with your confirmation. Not IM; hit the email button. This lets me keep track of the attendees in one place. If you've never been to a previous event and need directions, let me know where you are coming from and I'll generate directions for you (send me at least your ZIP code when you request directions). Posting in this thread is [span style='font-weight: bold;']NOT[/span] confirmation.

If you are bringing other people with you, let me know. I just want to keep a headcount.

You can arrive at the camp anytime you like starting on Thursday; formally, the event is Friday-Sunday. If your camping requirements mean that you bring a trailer/pop-up/fifth-wheel, RV, etc., it's not a problem, but that means you'll be down in the marked parking area while the tent campers will be on the top of the ridge.

In the image attached, the parking area and campsite area are clearly marked. My home is the building in the cleared area below the space marked for parking, not the small rectangular shaped house and pool; that's a neighbor who shares the driveway.. The black outlines are my property lines; it's not an issue if we stray onto the other neighbors wooded property, but shooting activities will be confined to my land..

Fun moment from last summer's camp

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PA/MidAtlantic Early Spring Camp - April 8. 9, 10 - Let's Blow Stuff Up!

I've received a few messages asking if this was open to PAFOA members.

Of course it is, that's why I posted it here.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: PA/MidAtlantic Early Spring Camp - April 8. 9, 10 - Let's Blow Stuff Up!

Looks like there will be lots of NFA stuff to shoot and over a hundred pounds of Tannerite on hand!