Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default should I get rid of my g 30?

So I recently bought a glock 30sf back in December put at least 500 rounds through her had a 1 malfunction slide not locking back after emptying the mag no other problems i actually love it
    However was reading about Larry Vickers how he thinks 45 caliber glocks are junk He was mainly talking abut the g 21 but according to him the only good glocks are in 9mm such as the 17 and 19 the article was in 2003
    So did I just waste $600 or should I keep it ?

Default Re: should I get rid of my g 30?

He's just mad it's not a 1911

There's nothing wrong with the gun. If you like it and shoot it well then keep it.

(Philadelphia County)

People have their opinions and many say Glocks are built to be cheap. Yeah, so I have four and have shot many thousands of rounds out of them with no issues and carried two on duty for a long time. My second competition and off shift carry gun was my Glock 30. I put Meprolight night sights and a 3.5# connector in it. Everyone who shoots it loves it.

You have a great pistol, rock out with your Glock out. Get a bunch of mags and blast away.
    Those who dare.

Read THIS and rest easy.

(Chester County)

ok thanks guys I try not to believe everything on the internet but Larry is the man
    I did hear that glock was not intended for anything but a 9mm ,although its strikes me odd that there are countless of LE with glock 21 and haven't had major problems at least not that I heard

(Butler County)

Yep, send it to me.

I carried a 23 and 22 for years, no issues except for mag issues and a user induced issue. Instructors that I know, while they prefer 1911's, have no issue with the Glock. Opinions are what they, make it reliable and run the crap out of it. Or, as I stated and better yet, send it to me.

(Lancaster County)

At 43 years of age you should be able to draw your own conclusions on things. From what you've said I think you'll keep it.

(Allegheny County)

Lots of people think Glocks in general are junk, yet they are probably the most popular and most reliable guns out there.

I think all Glocks are total junk, and I will give you $10 to take it off your hands.

Just kidding. Love Glocks.

(Washington County)

Everyone has an opinion.. I have 3 Glocks, 21sf, 23, and 19. in the near future I will be adding 3 more, 20sf, 26, and 27. I have put 1000s of rounds through all of them and with the occasional FTE and FTF, its usually the ammo not the gun. probably a grand total in all three current guns of 5 total FTF or FTE. It happens with ALL pistols, not just Glocks. If you like the G30, I say keep it. Glock has a track record of reliability that rivals all other brands combined.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    ok thanks guys I try not to believe everything on the internet but Larry is the man
    I did hear that glock was not intended for anything but a 9mm ,although its strikes me odd that there are countless of LE with glock 21 and haven't had major problems at least not that I heard
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast