Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default HK P7 Hard Chrome

So my buddy and I are still looking around for a nice P7 - a psp, or M8 or M13. A few are on sale on gunbroker, one is a P7 PSP in hard chrome. I know enough ( have been educated here by bones and random task mainly ) that P7 PSP's were only manufactured in blue. My buddy emailed the seller to ask if he knew who chromed it, and the dealer responded the guns were "from H&K" ? Any thoughts. My thinking was a distributor imported them from H&K, had a bunch hard chromed, then sold them and the buyer just "assumed" they came that way from H&K ? Just curious !

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: HK P7 Hard Chrome

I don't claim to be a P7 expert, but I've never heard of factory hard chrome, nickel, yes, but not hard chrome. Perhaps it's nickel and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or it is really hard chrome from the aftermarket, and he still doesn't know what he's talking about.

It never ceases to amaze me how poorly informed some gun dealers are. Google is your friend, educate yourself.

Now some one is gonna come along and tell us there are factory hard chrome P7s, and I'm gonna feel like a dumbass.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    My thinking was a distributor imported them from H&K, had a bunch hard chromed, then sold them and the buyer just "assumed" they came that way from H&K ? Just curious !
    I would strongly agree with that general line of thought, for whatever that might be worth...

HK-USA imports a huge batch. Sells a few thousand to a particular major U.S. distributor. Distributor has many of the rougher P7's refinished in HC. Sells them to dealers. Dealers say "Wow! Factory HC P7!"

Kind of like the "T25" mystery finish 2-tone P7's that CDNN farmed out to a local refinishing outfit a few years back. Even CDNN was hesitant to say who the hell did the refinish, IIRC...

Regards,

Bones

I've only heard of Nickel plated guns from the factory. I'm no expert, but my buddy is nuts for those guns. He said the nickel plated P7 looked like something out of the Shaft movie. Pimpin aint easy.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I don't claim to be a P7 expert, but I've never heard of factory hard chrome, nickel, yes, but not hard chrome. Perhaps it's nickel and the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or it is really hard chrome from the aftermarket, and he still doesn't know what he's talking about.

It never ceases to amaze me how poorly informed some gun dealers are. Google is your friend, educate yourself.

Now some one is gonna come along and tell us there are factory hard chrome P7s, and I'm gonna feel like a dumbass.
    I believe you are correct! Besides the great members in here, I use 'chris's unofficial p7' site and he shows p7's were only made in blue, anything else is refinished - and no models were made in hard chrome. Tx!