Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Heidelberg 3 Gun Shoot

Sun,Fun and Guns there were 44 shooters(2 girls 5 juniors).Always a great time, you get to meet and shoot with all skill levels of shooters,shoot 3 guns at a great laid out coarse of fire (4 stages) all for $10. Oh yeah and there is the "church ladys" lunch for $5.

(Berks County)

I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun......I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.

I HATE leg holsters. Anyone one want to buy one dirt cheap? Apparently I unsnapped the retention device while switching rifle mags...mid-run....and my pistol bounced out.....instant DQ. The first time in 20+ years shooting that I've EVER dropped a weapon, let alone a loaded one.

I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....

Otherwise I had a great time with Jay (Pagoda240) and all the other shooters!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post
    I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun......I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.....I will not drop my gun....I will not drop my gun.

I HATE leg holsters. Anyone one want to buy one dirt cheap? Apparently I unsnapped the retention device while switching rifle mags...mid-run....and my pistol bounced out.....instant DQ. The first time in 20+ years shooting that I've EVER dropped a weapon, let alone a loaded one.

I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....I hate leg holsters.....

Keep your head up and MOVE ON. I know what type of shooter you are my friend.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JMIS View Post
    Keep your head up and MOVE ON. I know what type of shooter you are my friend.
    Thanks...I appreciate that. I definately left there with my head down & tail between my legs. That will never, EVER happen to me again.

That said, I cannot WAIT until next month. Rob from Stoney Creek got me on the right path with pistol.....I just need some good trigger time in the next four weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by QUADZILLA View Post

sooner or later it happens to everyone, I was DQ'ed from the ICORE east coast reg a few years ago for the same thing. that's just one of hundreds of horror(when it happens to me)/ funny(when its my buddies) things that have happen to me over the last 25 years

(Berks County)

Scores are up on Enck's website!!

(Lancaster County)

The new format for the scores this month is great.Now I know in even more detail how bad I do.(HA HA)The guys at the club put on a great shoot and are always making it even better.

(Bedford County)

Is this a noob friendly match? interested in getting into it perhaps this summer some. prolly gonna be running basic everything.....how many mags would one need for the pistol/ rifle sections?

Wat about shotguns sections...do i need a bandolier? Literally i have never run one of these b4 but intirgued and think it could be fun...

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
    Is this a noob friendly match? interested in getting into it perhaps this summer some. prolly gonna be running basic everything.....how many mags would one need for the pistol/ rifle sections?

Wat about shotguns sections...do i need a bandolier? Literally i have never run one of these b4 but intirgued and think it could be fun...
    The minimum is 2 pistol and 2 rifle mags. The shotgun will also have reloads. The shotgun shells can be carried in your pocket or other carrier like a shell caddy.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post

I think it's safe to say that this is THE most "noob" friendly match around!

There are no prizes or money to be won here....just great people sitting around & doing what they love to do ....shoot guns, talk guns and oogle guns!

I run basic everything...I'm one of the few that run an AK platform....use a Beretta 92 pistol and a Mossberg 500 pump. Doesn't get much more basic than that!

You only need 2 mags for each rifle/ handgun. You can throw the extra shotgun shells in your pocket or even place them where the shotgun is staged (like on a table or bench). I actually use a shell holder made for the buttstock....but place it around my wrist instead....easy access and it cost less than $5.00.

There were lots of new people this month...and it looks like I'll be taking along another total newbie with me in April from work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast