Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Man Arrested in Gunshop !!

This past Saturday I was in SPAG and the guy next to me was filling out his paperwork to buy a gun. Well after the cleark called PICS to run his name, about 15 min later two cops come in the store ask for so and so and lock him up ! Apperently he had a benchwarrant out on him while he was trying to purchase a gun. I don't know what to think of this ?
    Is it good, or is this big brother at large ? It could have been something stupid like a traffic violation that he forgot to go to court for, or something worse ? What do you think of the action taken ?
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Man Arrested in Gunshop !!

Move along. Those are not the droids You are looking for.

Does it really matter?

(Philadelphia County)

I think if you're a fugitive, and dumb enough to let someone run a background check on you through the state police, you get what you deserve.

(Bucks County)

Did you ask him if you could hold his cash for him while he was getting locked up?
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Bradford County)

Personally i think it was B.S.

They should have declined him put him in for review, give him the challenge form and move on. obviously if he was in there giving his full details and identity (i would hope he assumed), he had a clean B.G., and hearing stories of others who for some reason are associated with someone else in the system, gave him the opportunity to clear things up before an arrest happened, Like you said could have been something very minor with an over zealous judge, now he could possibly be facing federal charges, stripping his rights over a possible error in the system.

Just my thoughts.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    I think if you're a fugitive, and dumb enough to let someone run a background check on you through the state police, you get what you deserve.
    Yes this was my first thought that this dude must be a moron !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    Is it good, or is this big brother at large ? It could have been something stupid like a traffic violation that he forgot to go to court for, or something worse ? What do you think of the action taken ?
    1. See phillykev's post.
    2. A bench warrant is a bench warrant; the police have to pick the guy up either way. I think you'd have to work pretty hard to have a bench warrant for traffic tickets. It would be almost impossible for things to reach that state without you knowing about it.
    3. The gun store has no idea what the bench warrant is for. The last thing they want is to sell the guy a gun, and have them be on the 6:00 news for selling a gun to a criminal. Actually, it's not clear if the gun store called the police, or if they were dispatched automatically when the PICS call raised a flag.

(Montgomery County)

I agree, these are not the droids you are looking for.

I have seen all kinds of strange things in gun shops as well as other shops and as long as they have no impact on me or those I am with, I do not care.

Speaking of being concerned of what one sees at a gun shop... I saw an older guy working at a local gun shop hand a customer a Ruger 10/22 when the customer specifically asked for a "Ruger Ranch Rifle." The worker insisted that it was a ranch rifle, much to the dismay of the customer. About ten minutes later, after the customer explained that he wanted the Ruger .223 ranch rifle the worker finally found one and handed it to the customer with the explanation that it was not a ranch rifle.

As for people and their business with the police, I would not mind it one bit. When the police show up and try to herd us into the Superdome or some nonsense like that, then I will be concerned.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Heart View Post
    Personally i think it was B.S.

They should have declined him put him in for review, give him the challenge form and move on. obviously if he was in there giving his full details and identity (i would hope he assumed), he had a clean B.G., and hearing stories of others who for some reason are associated with someone else in the system, gave him the opportunity to clear things up before an arrest happened, Like you said could have been something very minor with an over zealous judge, now he could possibly be facing federal charges, stripping his rights over a possible error in the system.

Just my thoughts.
    With out knowing the details it would be hard to call BS. The OP did not get any details to show if the action was warranted. I wonder under what cirrcumstances an FFL is required to call LE?
    Look to the One Who is wearing what should have been your scars...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGunslinger View Post
    Yes this was my first thought that this dude must be a moron !

Same exact thing happened at Classic Pistol. My co-worker, his bro, and bro's freind went there. Bro's friend tried to buy a pistol. BG check takign a long time, my co-worker asked him if he was sure everything was clean, guy said yes. Police show up and arrested him. He had a benchwarrant for unpaid tickets and then ignoring summons for court dates. He said he didn't think traffic stuff would matter. My co-worker told him it wouldn't, if he hadn't ignored the tickets and ignored the court orders.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast