Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default sig p226 x5 all around

I must say WOW.
    Just picked this gun up for my wife in 9mm. With the weight and accuracy is a joy to shoot. I hate to say it but she was better then me and i tried all my guns lol.

The trigger is amazing and virtually no recoil at all. I have a sig p220 in stainless and that gun is very good, but I must say i am jealous.

It is hard to describe, but if you get the chance shoot one and whatever you have you probably will be jealous Like I am.

Default Re: sig p226 x5 all around

Shooting a Sig changed my life. I'm in a similar boat as you.

That sig short reset trigger sig has is damn awesome.
    In order to get intelligent answers you must speak intelligently.

(Montgomery County)

..... and so the addiction begins

Good luck with the X5. They are really nice shooting guns.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 18902man View Post
    I must say WOW.
    Just picked this gun up for my wife in 9mm. With the weight and accuracy is a joy to shoot. I hate to say it but she was better then me and i tried all my guns lol.

The trigger is amazing and virtually no recoil at all. I have a sig p220 in stainless and that gun is very good, but I must say i am jealous.

It is hard to describe, but if you get the chance shoot one and whatever you have you probably will be jealous Like I am.
    Lucky lady.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

I must say WOW.

I've also got a P220 (Super Match). Very easy for me to be accurate with, and, of course, it's got the advantage of the .45 round. Having said that though, as would be expected, it's a big gun, and not the easiest to carry (though I do carry it from time to time). I'm considering trading the Super Match away, and perhaps for the P226. I'd been thinking about it anyway, but your post is really making me think seriously about it. And, if you (or anyone knows): What became of the P228?
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Bucks County)

I must say WOW.

Dude - thats like buyin your wife a Porsche in the gun world. I hope she was very appreciative.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    And, if you (or anyone knows): What became of the P228?
    Discontinued a few years back, IIRC.

The last ones to be sold, to the best of my knowledge, were the "P228R" models, which were basically leftover folded carbon steel 228 slides, mated to railed P229 frames (2009-ish, maybe?).

I believe Sig also imported some other "Franken-228's" that had the folded 228 slide and a P229 SAS (non-railed) frame.

But the machinery used to make the folded slides is "old technology" and supposedly worn out, and was never brought over the the U.S. when Sig went to exclusively U.S.-manufactured milled SS slides.

So the short answer (I know, too late for that!) is that basically the P228 was replaced with the 9mm-chambered P229.

Regards,

Bones

(Bucks County)

well I have a p220 in 45 in stainless yes it is a great gun as well, but like shooting 9mm cheaper ammo and figured less kick and bang and the 226 x5 all around virtually has no kick. too heavy and so accurate..

Yes I don't think she realizes just quite yet she has a porsche of a gun, but she took the NRA safety class and I bought her the gun and basically everyone was like wow nice gun at the counter so she is getting the hint. lol

I just hopes she lets me borrow it sometime