Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Cool Good Range/Pro Shop?

I'm fairly new to Philly and the seemingly best fit for me so far has been Philadelphia Archery and Gun Range. Any comments on their memberships? Also, I am looking for a place with good prices on S&W .38 Special. I don't mind new or used, I just want a fair price. Any experience here or know of somewhere better? Thanks!

(Cumberland County)

Lightbulb Re: Good Range/Pro Shop?

Quote Originally Posted by MikePhilaPA View Post
    I'm fairly new to Philly and the seemingly best fit for me so far has been Philadelphia Archery and Gun Range. Any comments on their memberships? Also, I am looking for a place with good prices on S&W .38 Special. I don't mind new or used, I just want a fair price. Any experience here or know of somewhere better? Thanks!
    To try and find a used 38 look on gun broker for a while and see what they are selling for..You can get a FFL close to you to accept delivery and do the transfer for you..If you want to call try Shydas in Lebanon..(50 min Away)..They have great prices on used guns..(and had a Smith 357 blue in there last week...)

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Good Range/Pro Shop?

unless you're hell bent on staying in philly i would highly recommend you checkout classic pistol located in south hampton, pa which is less than an hour drive from anywhere in philly. classic pistol in my opinion is the best range in the area and you can shoot anything from 22 cal all the way up to 30.06. the range is clean, well lit and they have a great selecton of new and used firearms. i've been to philly archery and gun range and found their prices to be high compared to classic pistol, tanners and surplus city. it's well worth the drive to check them out but go on a week day because they stay packed on weekends.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Good Range/Pro Shop?

Quote Originally Posted by MikePhilaPA View Post
    If that the one on front st or water street in south philly lived there for some time growing up before the military my brother in law shoots there good prices for the range and for him to purchase they for soke reason take good care of him. His wait time one one of his pistols was crazy but his military record and ptsd gave him issues originally.