Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: !0/22

(Allegheny County)

Default !0/22

Not that anyone cares, but I just went to Ace's Sportinggoods and bought a new Ruger 10/22. Up until about 2 hours ago I was leaning toward the Marlin mag fed semi-auto, but no one seemed to have the high cap mags or any real type of accessories for it. So I got the old stand by for plinking and the kids to shoot.
    Now I am thinking I need a mil-spec sling and some tech-sights.
    Anyone have any comments on those upgrades?
    It takes 40 muscles to frown, but only 4 to pull the trigger on a decent sniper rifle.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: !0/22

Congrats on your new purchase.

Anyone who buys a 10/22 should, at least, read the services offered by these guys before considering tricking the gun out with aftermarket doodads.

Go to: http://www.ct-precision.com/

and look over thier entire offering. These guys turned my 10/22 into a sub-moa shooting machine several years ago

10/22 Gunsmith Notes: Ruger 10/22 barrels are cut with a standard SAAMI .22 reamer which cuts .062" too deep. Production speed machine reaming often leaves burrs in throat and chambers not concentric to bore. Aftermarket barrels have tighter, shorter chambers (sometimes too tight) than the SAAMI print but seldom short or concentric enough for maximum accuracy.

CPC designs its own reamers for the 10/22 called CPC Freebore chamber for ideal function and accuracy. Setback is .187" to .250" on breech end. The newly cut area on barrel shank is oversize for a 'line to line' tight fit into the receiver stabilizing the two parts. A steel spacer is cut and hand fit into the barrel lockdown cut to insure proper retightening. CPC fits a reamer pilot to the exact bore size and re-reams each barrel by hand. New chamber throat and crowns are cut concentric to bore within .0002".

Customer results at 50 yards: .25 to .56".

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".