Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Montgomery County)

Default Wide Open Online Competition - thru April 30 2011

There hasn't been an active online competition here for a while, so I thought I would post one.

The attached target has ten circles, starting at the upper left and spiraling in towards the center. The first one is about 2 3/4 inches in diameter, and each successive circle gets smaller by about a 1/4 inch until the smallest is about 1/2 inch across. Start at the largest and take one shot at each circle. If you hit it move onto the next one, until you miss. Any shots after the first miss don’t count. A touch counts as a hit, so if in doubt, keep shooting. Ten shots maximum.

Here’s the twist: Use any firearm (firing a single projectile), any sighting system, any distance. Submit the details, including ammo used, bench vs. free standing, indoor vs. outdoor range, weather conditions, etc. Give it as many tries as you like, as many ways as you like.

Rather than score the targets we’ll put up the best looking ones at the end of the contest in a poll and vote for the winner. Degree of difficulty should be a big factor on determining who wins. So a perfect 10 put up by a benched, scoped, bolt action 22 rifle at 25 yards might lose to an 8 by a offhand, iron sighted, semi auto 45 pistol at 10 yards. Who knows?

I’ll keep this open until the end of April, then set up the poll to determine the winner.

I just made this target up, so I haven't shot it yet. I'll be starting at 5 yards with my Single Six and then back it up from there if I do well enough.
    Attached Files Attached Files