Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default new p3at concern-pics

I just picked up a brand new parkerized p3at; last night I got home and took it down for a cleaning and noticed the barrel is pitted and has a line around the inside of the rifling. I've contacted Kel Tec but it's a few days before they will get back to me, I would like to know if anyone has had a barrel that had this issue?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: new p3at concern-pics

Did you get that NEW?!
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Wow...that sucks! I got one about a month ago and, while I haven't shot it much yet, the barrel doesn't look anything like that....I wouldn't hesitate to send that one back. When I got mine I joined the Kel-Tec forum http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl I haven't seen anyone else mention a problem like that.
    Last edited by Bib; March 6th, 2011 at 09:56 AM. Reason: tpyo..
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Allegheny County)

That's unacceptable. Hopefully they take care of you 100% on this though, including paying for shipping it back to them.

(Lancaster County)

Dont wait for them to get back to you. Call them Monday morning. 321-631-0068. Every time I have ever called they just ask for my name and adress and ship out whatever part broke free of charge. Hopefully the same will hold true for a barrel. Some people call that great customer service. Some say its because they know their parts are such crap they simply dont need any proof that they broke. Oh, and always look down the bore when buying a gun. If a shop tells you they dont have a bore light they are full of it.

(Butler County)

I wouldnt want to fire that.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    I just picked up a brand new parkerized p3at; last night I got home and took it down for a cleaning and noticed the barrel is pitted and has a line around the inside of the rifling. I've contacted Kel Tec but it's a few days before they will get back to me, I would like to know if anyone has had a barrel that had this issue?

Geez Klutch, that is amazingly bad for new; hell that would make a lot of turn of the century surplus firearms blush... Nice to add insult to injury, with that big honkin defect (broach gone wild?). That would be going back on their dime for a properly fitted NEW barrel in a New York second, and I hope they comp you with some serious swag to boot.

So I got an email from Ericka at Kel Tec today giving me an address to send the barrel and slide in to them and as soon as they get it they will send a new set out to me. I'll be sending it tomorrow 2 day mail so I can get it back ASAP cause I really want to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    So I got an email from Ericka at Kel Tec today giving me an address to send the barrel and slide in to them and as soon as they get it they will send a new set out to me. I'll be sending it tomorrow 2 day mail so I can get it back ASAP cause I really want to shoot it.

Shoulda got an LCP Ouch, had to say it. Hope I didn't piss you off too bad. I'm sure KT will make everything right. From what everyone says they really stand behind they're product. It really sucks to see something like this. Bad barrel, finish, FTE ,FTF, whatever ya know. You spend you're hard earned money on something and it fails. Then you gotta send it back, yada, yada, yada, big pain in the ass. I feel for ya. Hopefully in a week or two we'll all hear how KT totally did right and you love them and are now using it as a BUG. Good luck. Hope I didnt piss you off to bad with that 1st part
    and to the dust you shall return

(Northumberland County)

that barrel looks worst than a some of my surplus guns. ouch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast