Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Talking OC at Texas Roadhouse

We just got back from dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Me and the wife and my neighbor and his wife. He is a member here too. We sat down and were eating peanuts. I noticed several of the waitresses checking out my 1911 as they passed the table. No biggie. Just before the waiter came to give us the menus, I saw a customer talking to the manager and watched him look directly at me and get the 'big eyes'. Here we go! I told my neighbor what was going on and he asked how I was going to handle it. "Watch and learn".

The waiter came over to take our orders. I needed me and the wife's meals to be on a separate ticket as my company is picking up the bill. No bonus this year so we all got told to take our wives out for a nice dinner. (Texas Roadhouse IS nice!) The waiter asks if we are ready to order. I tell him, "We need to get a separate bill for me and the wife because my department is paying for our dinner". I saw the relief in the kid's eyes. "Oh, see, he is a cop. It's all ok now". Neighbor managed not to laugh out loud.

After he got our oders, I saw him talking to the manager. I couldn't make out what he was saying (I read lips) but it looked a lot like, "It's ok , he's a cop". The manger's shoulders slumped a little as he realized it was a professional with a gun and not some 'citizen' exercising his rights.

Oh, and the $25 steak I ordered, well , it showed up on the bill as an $18 steak. That's right " cop food". Bwahahahaha

(Franklin County)

Default Re: OC at Texas Roadhouse

Love it, i'll have to remember that line when I get the nerve up to open carry. Good story.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: OC at Texas Roadhouse

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Oh, and the $25 steak I ordered, well , it showed up on the bill as an $18 steak. That's right " cop food". Bwahahahaha
    Yeah pal - let's see you try & get away with that at Dunkin' Donuts, though!

Glad to hear the evening didn't end with, "Don't tase me, BRO!"

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: OC at Texas Roadhouse

Somebody here told me a good line to use if they ask, "Are you a cop?"
    "Everyone in my department was directed to say "NO" if asked , in the interest of departmental security". The key is, you never say "I'm a cop". NEVER. What they infer from you not saying it, well, that's on them!

(Northampton County)

Why do people think everything is about them when they OC a gun? Your mind is playing tricks on you. Nobody said anything about your gun.

I posted here about 6 months ago that I was in a gas station and this guy was looking at me with a giant grin on his face and kept beckoning me. I finally walked over to him and he held his hand in front of his face and pointed down with a poking motion, like "What about that down there?" I played dumb, and asked him what he was talking about. He continued. At that point I realized the guy had a two-foot long live friggen lizard clinging to his chest, camouflaged by his sweater pattern. I don't think the guy even knew I had a gun.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Why do people think everything is about them when they OC a gun? Your mind is playing tricks on you. Nobody said anything about your gun.

I posted here about 6 months ago that I was in a gas station and this guy was looking at me with a giant grin on his face and kept beckoning me. I finally walked over to him and he held his hand in front of his face and pointed down with a poking motion, like "What about that down there?" I played dumb, and asked him what he was talking about. He continued. At that point I realized the guy had a two-foot long live friggen lizard clinging to his chest, camouflaged by his sweater pattern. I don't think the guy even knew I had a gun.
    Maybe he did notice... and he needed help... wanted you to shoot it...
    NOTE: It is always about the gun
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Northampton County)

Yeah, and that was kind of a snotty remark by me, as well. I didn't put it together well. I'll let the point stand and add an apology on top. I'm just really skeptical of this "I saw people looking at me and talking about me" stuff. I'm sure it happens, but in most instances I think people are just being self-conscious unless they hear the word "gun" or there is something other than somebody looking at you and you trying to perceive what they're behavior means in the context of your firearm as a given. Trust me, people act weird all the time when your firearm is concealed.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    We just got back from dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Me and the wife and my neighbor and his wife. He is a member here too. We sat down and were eating peanuts. I noticed several of the waitresses checking out my 1911 as they passed the table. No biggie. Just before the waiter came to give us the menus, I saw a customer talking to the manager and watched him look directly at me and get the 'big eyes'. Here we go! I told my neighbor what was going on and he asked how I was going to handle it. "Watch and learn".

The waiter came over to take our orders. I needed me and the wife's meals to be on a separate ticket as my company is picking up the bill. No bonus this year so we all got told to take our wives out for a nice dinner. (Texas Roadhouse IS nice!) The waiter asks if we are ready to order. I tell him, "We need to get a separate bill for me and the wife because my department is paying for our dinner". I saw the relief in the kid's eyes. "Oh, see, he is a cop. It's all ok now". Neighbor managed not to laugh out loud.

After he got our oders, I saw him talking to the manager. I couldn't make out what he was saying (I read lips) but it looked a lot like, "It's ok , he's a cop". The manger's shoulders slumped a little as he realized it was a professional with a gun and not some 'citizen' exercising his rights.

I have been saying it for years......

Chicks dig 1911's!!!!!
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Lebanon County)

I've OCed at the TR in Harrisburg. I LOVE TEXAS ROADHOUSE!

Seriously, a place named TEXAS should never restrict carry.
    ha!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DethWshBkr View Post
    I've OCed at the TR in Harrisburg. I LOVE TEXAS ROADHOUSE!

Seriously, a place named TEXAS should never restrict carry.
    ha!
    The state of Texas does not allow open carry. They have a law against it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast