Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OC at Texas Roadhouse

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel.seacat View Post
    Shame on them for reducing the price for an leo. Know how many times ive accepted a military discount? I, like more leos get compensated for my service I dont need an ass kissing and neither do they.
    +1. People shouldn't make assumptions about who you are. Say I look like some celebrity and get special treatment for it. Should I be held liable for someone else's improper assumptions and treatment? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by nathaniel.seacat View Post
    Shame on them for reducing the price for an leo. Know how many times ive accepted a military discount? I, like more leos get compensated for my service I dont need an ass kissing and neither do they.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    +1. People shouldn't make assumptions about who you are. Say I look like some celebrity and get special treatment for it. Should I be held liable for someone else's improper assumptions and treatment? I don't think so.
    Except for one thing: given the visuals, the use of that very suggestive word "department." Are we going to have a twenty-page thread about the meaning of the word "is" now?

(Washington County)

Never had issue with OC at the Bridgeville or Washinton Roadhouse. Unless by issue you are referring to them running out of hot rolls 1/2 way through a plate of pulled pork. But they fix that every time.

Oh, and the peanut thing is supposed to be good for the floor, all the natual oils and such in the shells.

(Bucks County)

Actually, my exact use of the word 'department' was not misleading in any way. I work for the Dispenser Service Department of a major multinational corporation. We did not get bonuses this year and, as a 'thank you' for a better year than was forecast, we were told to get dinner for ourselves and our wives. I merely asked for a receipt because my department was paying for it. I can't help it, or be held accountable, if someone drew the wrong conclusion. That's on them! At no time did I impersonate anyone other than a slightly overweight guy about to eat a big steak and have it paid for by my employer.

Besides, it is a tactic used by cops all over the nation. "Mind if i search your vehicle sir?" Most people assume they have no say in the matter and give it up. Not the cops fault if they don't know any better, is it? It's the same principle!
    Last edited by AxiTech; March 6th, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AxiTech View Post
    Actually, my exact use of the word 'department' was not misleading in any way. I work for the Dispenser Service Department of a major multinational corporation. We did not get bonuses this year and, as a 'thank you' for a better year than was forecast, we were told to get dinner for ourselves and our wives. I merely asked for a receipt because my department was paying for it. I can't help it, or be held accountable, if someone drew the wrong conclusion. That's on them! At no time did I impersonate anyone other than a slightly overweight guy about to eat a big steak and have it paid for by my employer.

Besides, it is a tactic used by cops all over the nation. "Mind if i search your vehicle sir?" Most people assume they have no say in the matter and give it up. Not the cops fault if they don't know any better, is it? It's the same principle!

(Dauphin County)

Im not saying what you did was wrong, because you were not searching for a discount just a peaceful meal. You did sort of use the word "department" with the intent of implying you were a LEO. It is not your fault that they gave you a discount. Funny thing is you were not even paying so the discount was pointless....

(Dauphin County)

P.s

I would not have gone that route I would have waited for a direct inquisition of the weapon and then simple state I was expressing my right to carry a firearm.

(Northampton County)

Man, I need to buy a steak. But it's raining... darn, no grilling tonight.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    is Texas Roadhouse the restaurant where you can throw your peanut shells on the floor? if so, I first witnessed this when I was doing some contract work up it CT when my co-worker and I were eating dinner and the waiter explained to us that when done, just toss them on the floor. it was a bit odd to say the least.
    No, that was The Lonestar Saloon. When they first opened they gave every table a bucket of free peanuts and the shells went on the floor. Every time "Boot Scootin Boogie" played all the waitresses had to stop what they were doing and line dance. First the line dancing stopped. Then the peanuts disappeared. Then, even though the food wasn't bad, The Lonestar Saloon disappeared, at least in Allentown. I think some of them are still open elsewhere.
    The older I get, the better I used to be.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 1iarrowking View Post
    No, that was The Lonestar Saloon. When they first opened they gave every table a bucket of free peanuts and the shells went on the floor. Every time "Boot Scootin Boogie" played all the waitresses had to stop what they were doing and line dance. First the line dancing stopped. Then the peanuts disappeared. Then, even though the food wasn't bad, The Lonestar Saloon disappeared, at least in Allentown. I think some of them are still open elsewhere.
    per Texas Roadhouse's contact page:

"We understand that many people are affected by allergies to peanuts and other food items. Free peanuts are a very popular item for our guests and we will continue to offer them. We understand that, unfortunately, peanut allergies may force some Roadhouse guests to steer clear of our restaurants.

That’s why we gladly offer carry-out service to all of our guests. This will allow you to enjoy Roadhouse food without putting yourself at risk. Heck, we’ll even bring the order out to your vehicle so that your allergic exposure would be minimized. Just place your order with your favorite roadhouse location and alert your ordertaker of your special needs."

so I do indeed think it was a Texas Roadhouse I ate it where we dumped our shells on the ground.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast