Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ERIE, PA Bay Front Convention Center Gun Show

March 12th and 13th 2011 - 375 8" tables

I'll be there with 4 tables

Default Re: ERIE, PA Bay Front Convention Center Gun Show

I plan on attending with a few friends from out of town. We will be attending the State Police Gun Raffle at Rainbow Gardens on the 12th then heading to the Convention Center on the 13th. Do you have any idea where your table will be. I will stop and say hello.
    Jules

I"ve got no idea where the tables will be - my shop name i EMac's Tactical Shop though | at 4 tables you can't miss me lol
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

(Westmoreland County)

Good luck to you all. I set up at this show the last time and I'm not going to make the same mistake this time around. The show was unfilled and full of flea market junk. There were some really quality surplus and ammo dealers there which, along with Blindhourse Knives and a few actual firearms dealers. A few of the eight or so vendors who were actualy selling firearms were realisticly priced and easy to deal with as they usualy are. Some of the folks who carred items in for sale or trade were bordering on delusional in their expectations of what they might get for them; as were a few of the dealers. The public attendence for the most part was light with little money to spend. One man commented to one of the better arms dealers on the quality of his " gun collection". As the crowed was so small he jokingly replied "Hey, it's for sale!" Whereapon the man said in finally informed disbelief "Really! This stuff is for sale? You can actualy buy this stuff? WOW!" Appearently he thought it was a display only event such as a car show.

(Erie County)

Cool Re: ERIE, PA Bay Front Convention Center Gun Show

wife says i cant go ,,, but she has to work sat so ......

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Good luck to you all. I set up at this show the last time and I'm not going to make the same mistake this time around. The show was unfilled and full of flea market junk. There were some really quality surplus and ammo dealers there which, along with Blindhourse Knives and a few actual firearms dealers. A few of the eight or so vendors who were actualy selling firearms were realisticly priced and easy to deal with as they usualy are. Some of the folks who carred items in for sale or trade were bordering on delusional in their expectations of what they might get for them; as were a few of the dealers. The public attendence for the most part was light with little money to spend. One man commented to one of the better arms dealers on the quality of his " gun collection". As the crowed was so small he jokingly replied "Hey, it's for sale!" Whereapon the man said in finally informed disbelief "Really! This stuff is for sale? You can actualy buy this stuff? WOW!" Appearently he thought it was a display only event such as a car show.
    hopefully this will not be the case....this is the first time setting up there for me
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    hopefully this will not be the case....this is the first time setting up there for me
    If you happen to have black 30 round P-Mags for sale at something even remote to a reasonable price, you and I will surely meet on Sunday. I am looking for three more. Range plates will also be a plus. EDIT: I just checked your web page. Would you happen to have ballistic helmet liners? I only need the liner. I would like the newer type. The helmet that I have is a Protech I believe.
    Jules
    Last edited by ar15jules; March 7th, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo31rex31 View Post
    I sincerely wish you luck this coming weekend. I begged off this time. The show promotors called me last week asking me if I wanted to book tables. I declined due to the poor results of the last show there and prior shows I've done in the Erie area. Again good luck to you and the others setting up. Keep us posted on how the show is.

(Allegheny County)

I think the internet is starting to do to the gun show what it did to the computer show. It's pretty much extinct and if there is one its full of junk or the prices are not competitive anymore.

Personally I would rather go to gun bashes/group shoots to get my hands on possible new purchase and then order online if I was looking for a deal.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I think the internet is starting to do to the gun show what it did to the computer show. It's pretty much extinct and if there is one its full of junk or the prices are not competitive anymore.

Personally I would rather go to gun bashes/group shoots to get my hands on possible new purchase and then order online if I was looking for a deal.
    Respectfully, I beg to differ. There are MANY fine gun shows with an outstanding variety of vendors, fair deals, mostly good people attending and a lot of fun. Yes there are some bad shows and even at the best you'll find some nitwits and in some cases outright psychos among vendors and visitors. These I believe to be a minority however. Yes some dealers are asking too much for stuff. Most are asking reasonable rates and will frequently hagle if the customer acts like a reasonable human being. A large portion of them are doing this for a living. However, for some attending a show, their idea of a good deal is getting something for a fraction of what it might be worth. Some feel entitled to said pricing. These spoiled brats who don't get their way, bash the gun show, the vendor or anything else they dislike.

Good shows are an excellent venue for perusing a wide variety of items one might not find at local stores OR on-line. Especially obscure goodies of interest. For many the fun is the hunt as well as the trophy.

As for your on-line firearnms purchse; it still has to go to an FFL. If the internet sales reach the negative loss/sell ratio to the net for FFLs, your transfer fees are going to exceed the national debt. As well as leading to the loss of local dealers. Again, many of whom set up at shows. Also in our increasingly humanly disconected world of the net, there is something to be said for interacting with other persons, face-to-face when engaging in the activity we share our passion for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast