Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Looking for an SR9c

In preparation of getting my LTCF (sent in for it yesterday) I'm looking for an SR9c. I have the full size and I love the feel and ridiculous accuracy of it. The only problem is they are more elusive than a parade of unicorns. Granted I've only looked at Davidson's online and called to my local shop but I can't find one anywhere. Either they are extremely popular or Ruger just isn't making many of them.

Anyone have a line on a shop that has one at a reasonable price AND isn't staffed with assholes I wouldn't want to give money to?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Looking for an SR9c

SPAG {South Phila. Archery and Gun} gets them in all the time if you don't mind making a trip ? I've seen them on Cheaper Than Dirt and Able Ammo's websites !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Westmoreland County)

Pfrogners have a stainless one.
    www.pfrognersfirearms.com
    Definately a great place to go.

(Lehigh County)

theres a couple in certre county... ports in bellefonte, belding and mull in philipsburg, and J and E in bellefonte all have them... i think for around like 299 or somthing like that..

(Westmoreland County)

A & S in Youngwood (near New Stanton) has had them in stock the last couple times I went there. I never bought a gun from there, but have bought some accessories from them. They seem to be very friendly and helpful, prices are probably near the upper end of average. Don't know if they negotiate.

Also, they have a nice indoor range, and a lot of guns to rent before you buy.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Westmoreland County)

Sportsnman's Supply Co. in Butler has the stainless steel slide version for $425 as of last week at least.

Great little (big) gun. My wife absolutely loves hers and if I wasn't a complete and total M&P-fanboy I would consider once myself.

(Cumberland County)

I had one. I sent it back 2 times due to barrel peening. They replaced the barrel twice. The last time I got it back I sold it and took a loss. It shot great, but the slide kept smashing into the chamber block and deforming it. Ruger has fantastic customer service, but I shouldn't have had to send something back over and over again. Maybe it was just a bad one, but I read that others have had the same problem. I'd go with the M&P9c if I were you.

But if you're looking for one I'd go to Redding's Hardware in Gettysburg. They have good prices and everyone I spoke to was pretty nice. I bought my M&P there a few weeks ago for $499. Gander wanted a hundred bucks more. I think Gander has SR9c's for $429 right now. But I hate that place.
    Last edited by kevjminn; March 5th, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
    "You're f**king up my chi."

(Chester County)

on a similar note, it's been near impossible to find an SR40 in all black too.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Lycoming County)

Love mine I got mine about a year ago they didnt have a chance to unpack them from the UPS boxes B4 I got it..first one they ever sold..the person there didnt even know what they looked like till she opened the box to check them into inventory so I could buy one. ive got about 1100-1200 rds through it now works great no problems. I got mine at Troxells in Williamsport but I dont know if they have any left as ive not been in there for a few weeks...Buds had them a bit back also

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/62287

they have raised their prices though they used to be $398 shipped...

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    In preparation of getting my LTCF (sent in for it yesterday) I'm looking for an SR9c. I have the full size and I love the feel and ridiculous accuracy of it. The only problem is they are more elusive than a parade of unicorns. Granted I've only looked at Davidson's online and called to my local shop but I can't find one anywhere. Either they are extremely popular or Ruger just isn't making many of them.

Anyone have a line on a shop that has one at a reasonable price AND isn't staffed with assholes I wouldn't want to give money to?
    Buds has the two tone for $425 delivered. Good luck !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast