Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Can I Carry Handguns In A Bar?

Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    PLCB? Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board? Is that what that stands for? If so, what, exactly, do they have to say about it?

It really doesn't matter........

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieLou Hartley View Post
    PLCB says you cant carry in a bar.........................
    Oh really? Want to cite your source for this bit of very wrong information?

(Dauphin County)

PLCB has no say in what YOU or I do, only what the BAR does.... that being said..
    i was in a bar tonight ( sorry for spelling lol jk) and carrying.. i do not OC in bars but many -including the owners know i have it.. nothign is said and it is pefectly legal... unless as stated earlier the bar owner does not want it in his bar, then you must leave or lock it in the car/truck...
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Mercer County)

I just hit the PLCB Web site and did some quick looking and found nothing. I used the search feature for "firearm" and "weapon" and found nothing.

Anyone else finding anything?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
    I just hit the PLCB Web site and did some quick looking and found nothing. I used the search feature for "firearm" and "weapon" and found nothing.

Anyone else finding anything?

All I can add is this... After her post, I combed it pretty good myself last night.

Like you, I found nothing. On the chance that there may be something 'on the books' somewhere, it would be nice if she would return and provide some background information for her claim.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time there was a discrepancy in PA firearms laws.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I am not aware of any such law that would prevent an LTCF holder from carrying in a place that serves alcohol in Pennsylvania.

With that said, alcohol and firearms don't mix well, and the the owner of said bar would be within his rights to ask you to leave if he knew you were carrying and did not like that.

Ultimately it is up to the individual to be a safe, responsible firearm owner.
    Hey Dan, Is Paul cool with carrying in his bar? I just got my license, a car and am waiting on a holster and don't want to inadvertently upset him. I haven't been out in a while and want to stop by since I am now self-mobile again
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmdgeon View Post
    All I can add is this... After her post, I combed it pretty good myself last night.

Like you, I found nothing. On the chance that there may be something 'on the books' somewhere, it would be nice if she would return and provide some background information for her claim.

It certainly wouldn't be the first time there was a discrepancy in PA firearms laws.
    If such a condition exists anywhere, it's likely some administrative regulation related to licensing, similar to the daycare center provisions.

Day care centers must meet a standard of "no firearms" as a condition of licensing, but there is no way to apply this statutory condition directly on a carrier. The most that can be done is that the centers impose/post/enforce their own policy so that they are in compliance with their licensing requirements, which they have every right to do as a property owner. There is no criminal penalty for an individual who enters a daycare center while lawfully carrying (unless a refusal to leave led to a trespass charge).
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Ok, Here's a question: Why would anyone want to? Honestly, think back to your youth and some of the stupid things you've done while under the influence. Also, if you feel that your safety warrants you carrying in a specific bar, then you shouldn't be there in the first place.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter9x19 View Post
    Ok, Here's a question: Why would anyone want to? Honestly, think back to your youth and some of the stupid things you've done while under the influence. Also, if you feel that your safety warrants you carrying in a specific bar, then you shouldn't be there in the first place.
    I'm curious how you know when and where you will/won't need to have a firearm?

I don't "want" to carry a firearm at all. I carry one just about all the time because I accept the responsibility of protecting myself and my family. I don't frequent 'bars', but if I have an occasion to be there, I will be carrying. Not because I believe that place is more or less dangerous than anywhere else I go, but because I carry wherever I go.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I'm curious how you know when and where you will/won't need to have a firearm?

I don't "want" to carry a firearm at all. I carry one just about all the time because I accept the responsibility of protecting myself and my family. I don't frequent 'bars', but if I have an occasion to be there, I will be carrying. Not because I believe that place is more or less dangerous than anywhere else I go, but because I carry wherever I go.
    +1 i feel exactly the same way, i never leave home without atleast my p3at, normally a 1911 or 2, i dont plan on needing to use them and i hope i never have to, if i KNEW i was going to need a gun that night, i would stay home!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast