Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Can I Carry Handguns In A Bar?

Can you? Yes. Should you? Only you can answer that. I personally would be wary of it. For one being intoxicated while carrying probably would be grounds for LTCF revocation, as well as being a bad idea in general. I've known people who carried in bars and got wasted and they were not the most upstanding or responsible citizens...many were likely not licensed. Furthermore, as others here have mentioned, bars are a good place for some other drunk idiot to start a fight with you (at least they have been in my experience). If I were carrying in a bar I would (a) not drink and (b) be prepared to swallow my pride and walk away when someone tried to pick a fight.

As far as that particular bar is concerned, I'll second the others by saying if the owner doesn't want you carrying in there then don't.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Northumberland County)

Keep in mind that carrying in a bar is not the same as carrying and drinking. These are two totally separate issues.

(Snyder County)

I agree with Drew. Being in a bar does not mean you are intoxicated or drinking for that matter. Bars have some of the best greasy food I know. Sometimes I go for lunch. Sometimes I go for dinner. Sometimes I have a beer. Sometimes I get drunk.

That said, I carry everywhere I can. But, if I know I am going to be getting sloppy intoxicated, I will not carry. Also, I have not been fall over, sloppy drunk in a long, long time...longer than I have been carrying. Will I have a few beers, sure. A few drinks doesn't stop me from protecting my life.

Also, sometimes I drink at my house. Should I lock up all my guns in my house before I drink? I don't. Again, I will if I plan on getting intoxicated to the point of puking. But I don't usually have those intentions, and haven't for a long time.

(Northumberland County)

PLCB says you cant carry in a bar but pennsylvania says you can which do you abide by?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieLou Hartley View Post
    PLCB says you cant carry in a bar but pennsylvania says you can which do you abide by?

Where does this PLCB info come from, and who is "Pennsylvania"?

Link?

which do you abide by?
    You abide by the law, and there is no law that says you can't carry where alcohol is served.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

This is not Va, where you are Required,by law, to OC, where alcohol is sold.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    This is not Va, where you are Required,by law, to OC, where alcohol is sold.
    Uh... Who said OC and who said VA? LOL - you been drinking tonight?

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Uh... Who said OC and who said VA? LOL - you been drinking tonight?
    Who, me.............

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    I agree with Drew. Being in a bar does not mean you are intoxicated or drinking for that matter. Bars have some of the best greasy food I know. Sometimes I go for lunch. Sometimes I go for dinner. Sometimes I have a beer. Sometimes I get drunk.

That said, I carry everywhere I can. But, if I know I am going to be getting sloppy intoxicated, I will not carry. Also, I have not been fall over, sloppy drunk in a long, long time...longer than I have been carrying. Will I have a few beers, sure. A few drinks doesn't stop me from protecting my life.

Also, sometimes I drink at my house. Should I lock up all my guns in my house before I drink? I don't. Again, I will if I plan on getting intoxicated to the point of puking. But I don't usually have those intentions, and haven't for a long time.
    I like that, thanks for that post, thats my feelings towards guns and alcohol.

Quick story, I was with my cousin one night and he was drunk and we start talking about politics (oh boy) and then guns. Well we talk and talk and then he pulls out his Smith from his kitchen cabinet....loaded and then was mumbling....I dont know if this is loaded, his finger was inside the trigger guard and I know he was debating on whether or not to hand it to me like it is and then last minute he decided against it and pulled the slide back and the shell came out (of coarse another one popped back in) and he ejected the magazine. He then handed the gun to me, im sober and took in all of this and thank God he didnt point it at me while he was handing it to me. I took it looked it over and then ejected the last shell....to this day I dont trust drunk people with guns, loaded or unloaded, same rule applies dont let trust other people when it comes to loaded or unloaded always be prepared.
    Reputation is what I strive for.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieLou Hartley View Post
    PLCB? Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board? Is that what that stands for? If so, what, exactly, do they have to say about it?

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast