Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adventure in NJ

(Bucks County)

Default Adventure in NJ

So I crossed the bridge for an hour to go to Columbus Market today, just ran over there to check out a few things and I decided to grab a bite to eat while I was there. I waled up to a counter and a NJ cop was standing there talking to the woman behind the counter. I did not say a word I just stood there because I thought he was getting food and he looked over at me and immediately had a jumpy posture and whipped his hand onto the butt of his gun.

This startled me because I have never seen an officer act in this manner, let alone directed at me. He then decided to move out of the way so I could order and every 1-3 seconds he would whip his hand onto the gun and stare at me, i was annoyed so I looked at him each time he did it, and he walked away about after a minute and kept looking back at me.

I found this just a little un-nerving that an officer would act in this manner, but nobody else of the 20 people around seemed to notice at all. Lets just say I don't think I will be crossing the bridge any time soon unless maybe its for alcohol.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Adventure in NJ

Maybe he's scared of clowns?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Maybe he's scared of clowns?
    I thought that.... But clowns are funny so I rationalized that this could not be the reason.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    I thought that.... But clowns are funny so I rationalized that this could not be the reason.
    Yeah, this guy was a basement full of laughs.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

I was going to respond with a happy clown picture but searching clown in google images just gives me IT among other not so happy funny clowns...

So enjoy some spawn violator

(Monroe County)

Maybe this will help the cop get over his clown fear-
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Chester County)

You do know it is illegal to bring alcohol across state lines into PA right?

Q: Can I transport liquor across state lines if the transporting of this liquor is purely for consumption purposes? For example, if I purchase a case of wine in Virginia can I take it to my parents home in Pennsylvania for the purposes of consuming it either during a party or holiday? Would the same answer apply if the wine were to be consumed at a private club?

A: Initially, please be advised that it is the Pennsylvania State Police, Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement ("Bureau"), and not the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board ("Board"), which enforces the liquor laws in Pennsylvania. This office is authorized to issue opinions to Board licensees that are binding on the Bureau. Since you are not a Board licensee, the following is offered for your guidance and information only. Generally, section 491(11) of the Liquor Code prohibits any person, other than the Board, a manufacturer, the holder of a sacramental wine license or importer's license, from bringing liquor, including wine, into Pennsylvania. [47 P.S. § 4-491(11)]. Similarly, section 491(2) prohibits any entity, other than those listed above, from possessing or transporting any liquor or alcohol within the Commonwealth that was not purchased from a Pennsylvania Wine & Spirits Shoppe or limited winery. [47 P.S. § 4-491(2)]. Unless you hold one of the licenses stated herein, you cannot bring liquor from another state into Pennsylvania. The purpose for which the wine is to be brought into Pennsylvania or the location in Pennsylvania where it would be consumed are immaterial. If you will be visiting relatives or attending a function in Pennsylvania you may be able to “special order” the wines that you wish to acquire. Please contact the Bureau of Logistics, at (717) 787-6646 for further information on special orders.
    Hoplophobia is funny

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    You do know it is illegal to bring alcohol across state lines into PA right?
    Yep, I don't break the law.
    It was a good ending to the post though.
    I'll add [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags next time .
    Last edited by NuclearSociety; March 3rd, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

(Berks County)

(Berks County)

Three words:

Ouchy The Clown

Go ahead....I double dog dare anyone to look him up......you'll never be "right" again!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast