Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock questions

(Philadelphia County)

Default Glock questions

I have a Glock 19, and was looking to possibly carry it. Any good IWB holsters with a retention strap made preferably of leather you guys could recommend? Also, I was at a gun store recently and they had a brushed nickel slide Glock 19 that they claimed was factory. Is Glock actually doing this or is it aftermarket? Oh and I was thinking of maybe getting a subcompact model for carry. I like the 26 since all my mags will work already. But the 33 looks appealing since I can put a 9mm or .40 barrel in it and mag and essentially have 3 guns. The 30 may be too big though, I'd have to give it a feel, and the 36 may not have enough rounds. I'm not really interested in 10mm or .45GAP. Thanks!

Default Re: Glock questions

Sounds like what you saw at the gun store was a Glock EXO, which does not come that way from Glock. The barrel and slide is refinished. The manual should say have "Glock EXO" written on the front of it.

http://www.taloinc.com/glock.htm

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=6pHHTtQBBPH

I have a G33 and it is great gun and is verstile however for self defense I will not carry with a 9mm barrel. Since you already have a G19 the G26 would be a better fit for you IMO. Your G19 mags will work with the G26 and you will not have to buy another caliber of ammo. The G27 and G33 shoot a larger diameter (cased) round than the G26 so I think it uses a few different parts.(like extractor) The G30 is more the size of your G19 than the G26, G27, G33 and G39.

As for holsters I can't really help you. The IWB hybrid holsters like the Crossbread ST, Comptac Minitour, Galco King Tuk and etc are very popular.
    Last edited by dkf; March 3rd, 2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added links

(Philadelphia County)

Yea I seen a few of those. They look pretty cool !
    Something different to give a Glock a twist !
    You Can Take My Gun When You Pry it From My Dead, Cold, Hand !

(Philadelphia County)

I think I might want to go with the 26. Thanks for the input

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    I have a Glock 19, and was looking to possibly carry it. Any good IWB holsters with a retention strap made preferably of leather you guys could recommend? Also, I was at a gun store recently and they had a brushed nickel slide Glock 19 that they claimed was factory. Is Glock actually doing this or is it aftermarket? Oh and I was thinking of maybe getting a subcompact model for carry. I like the 26 since all my mags will work already. But the 33 looks appealing since I can put a 9mm or .40 barrel in it and mag and essentially have 3 guns. The 30 may be too big though, I'd have to give it a feel, and the 36 may not have enough rounds. I'm not really interested in 10mm or .45GAP. Thanks!
    As far as I know, Glock does not do nickel plating for their pistols from the factory. Most likely it was an add on after manufacture.

I am curious about the above bold section. 6+1 in the pipe is not out gunned, when it comes to a handgun fight. My point is bringing attention to this is that you may have misconceptions about what works and what does not. More rounds do not make a weapon more effective. If in a perfect world all things were equal, then higher capacity would generally be more effective. However, our world is far from perfect.

I regularly carry a weapon that has the low capacity of 5 rounds, yet I can shoot it well and am confident with it. Questions your notions about what you think you need and what is "necessary" as they may not be in line with reality. This kind of questioning is an excellent exercise for your mind in all aspects of life, not just gun buying decisions.

As for IWB holsters, most do not have a snap or retention device. If you buy a holster of high quality, such a strap should be entirely unnecessary.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Philadelphia County)

The G19 is perhaps the best all around combat and carry pistol, great choice. I recommend the Galco Summer Carry for IWB.

The pistol you saw may just be the Tenifer finish without the black finish applied.

The G26 is great also, I've carried a G27 in a Kramer pocket holster since 2000.

If you are interested, I can hook you up with a holster from one of our distributors and I have a contact with Blade Tech also. Since you are a member of this forum, I'll take care of you on the price, just above cost.
    Those who dare.

I use this guy for all my IBW holsters. His stuff is top notch and so is his service. Quick turn around too.

Woolfe gunleather

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    As far as I know, Glock does not do nickel plating for their pistols from the factory. Most likely it was an add on after manufacture.

I am curious about the above bold section. 6+1 in the pipe is not out gunned, when it comes to a handgun fight. My point is bringing attention to this is that you may have misconceptions about what works and what does not. More rounds do not make a weapon more effective. If in a perfect world all things were equal, then higher capacity would generally be more effective. However, our world is far from perfect.

I regularly carry a weapon that has the low capacity of 5 rounds, yet I can shoot it well and am confident with it. Questions your notions about what you think you need and what is "necessary" as they may not be in line with reality. This kind of questioning is an excellent exercise for your mind in all aspects of life, not just gun buying decisions.

As for IWB holsters, most do not have a snap or retention device. If you buy a holster of high quality, such a strap should be entirely unnecessary.
    I like the options of higher capacity. In real life and death shooting situations my and your abilities will be reduced. Yes 6+1 + spare mag = 13 which is probably more than enough, but the 26 would give me 10+1+ spare 10, 15, 17, or 33 mag which is way more rounds to make up for my stress. My point is that when given more options we all are better off. As for retention straps, I'm old fashioned and prefer something more than a piece of leather squeezing my gun.

If you absolutely have to have a leather IWB with a thumbsnap:

http://www.donhume.com/index.php?mai...products_id=36

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by FCRPhila View Post
    I like the options of higher capacity. In real life and death shooting situations my and your abilities will be reduced. Yes 6+1 + spare mag = 13 which is probably more than enough, but the 26 would give me 10+1+ spare 10, 15, 17, or 33 mag which is way more rounds to make up for my stress. My point is that when given more options we all are better off. As for retention straps, I'm old fashioned and prefer something more than a piece of leather squeezing my gun.
    I could be wrong but there is no extended or other magazines for the Glock 36

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast