Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Holster for a Hi-Power

I have a 1940s era FN Hi-Power I just picked up last week, and I ordered a Bianchi Shadow II holster for it online. The holster came in today and I must say, it doesn't fit. the gun slides into the holster well enough, but the thumb break seems to not be designed to work with this pistol at all. it's cut and angled such that it wants to wrap directly over the grip tail, behind the hammer. Aside from being awkward, the strap isn't nearly long enough to snap shut in that position, even with the hammer down (which I don't want it to be, since I'd be carrying cocked & locked).

So, I'm looking for a properly fitting holster for this Hi-Power, and am not averse to spending some coin on it. I would be open-carrying this fairly regularly (assuming further range proving goes well; the pistol has been 100% reliable thus far), so a retention holster is a plus. I do like thumb breaks, and I do like leather. I am aware that high-level retention holsters require quite a bit of practice to get the correct draw procedure down into muscle memory.

This Safariland holster looks pretty nice, but I'm not sure I want to drop $160 on it without seeing how it fits and feels before purchase. Are there any shops that carry Safariland holsters near Allentown, where I could try one out before purchasing? I don't believe Cabela's has them.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Holster for a Hi-Power

i used to love bianchi holsters but havent bought one in decades. i do remember that it took some effort to get the thumb break strap over the gun. i assumed that it was tight so it would stretch to fit and be secure.

contact bianchi.

(Delaware County)

my Browning Hi-Power came with a Bianchi Model 100 professional IWB holster. I sold it as I had no use for it being that I'm a lefty and the holster was for a righty. that being said, the gun fit the holster nice and snug.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...TxtModelID=100
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lehigh County)

I appreciate the advice, however I have no desire for an IWB holster.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.