Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Penn&Teller B*S*

You may have seen this already, but just in case, it's worth a look.

Penn & Teller

nsfw
    Last edited by starblazer; April 5th, 2006 at 05:06 PM.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Bucks County)

Bullshit is a good show. I used to watch it when it was on but Comcast switched my stolen Showtime for HBO. I feel the same way about guns as they do which is odd because 2 years ago I would have never pictured myself owning a gun and now I own 3 with many more on the way. It wasn't until I went trap shooting with a buddy of mine that I learned that guns were a good time as long as you use them safely. Then I got robbed and went out and bought a Mossberg 590 and saw an AR at the shop and saved up for one. Now I'm here.

(Philadelphia County)

Penn & Teller B.S. is hit or miss.

I know its an entertainment show, but sometimes they are so extremely biased Im supprised they don't feature them on Fox News.

(Bucks County)

If anyone has tried to look recently, it seems the video has been taken down. Funny, no? Anyway, I believe it can still be found here:

www.youtube.com
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 03:41 AM.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01
    Penn & Teller B.S. is hit or miss.

I know its an entertainment show, but sometimes they are so extremely biased Im supprised they don't feature them on Fox News.
    Most people I know who watch the show always say it's "hit or miss" and it's because they are both self-pronounced Libertarians so they call bullshit on the left and the right, haha. I don't know if they are so much biased as they are just staunchly Libertarian and pick topics that they can show in that light.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp
    Most people I know who watch the show always say it's "hit or miss" and it's because they are both self-pronounced Libertarians so they call bullshit on the left and the right, haha. I don't know if they are so much biased as they are just staunchly Libertarian and pick topics that they can show in that light.
    oh, dont get me wrong, Im all about the Libertarian ideals, but you cannot possibly argue that whatever they call out as B*S* is portrayed in an unbiased way. The show is great, and I've seen just about all of them, but its nothing more than entertainment.

Anybody who's ever watched this show and though they were presented with two consise and fair sides of the story need to brush up on their Logic and Critical Thinkinging skills.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Northumberland County)

The reality is that Penn and Teller are no different than many other "documentary" filmmakers who are wildly biased to the left... Except that they are wildly biased towards libertarian... And they actually tell the truth rather than making things up...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Drew
    And they actually tell the truth rather than making things up...
    They tell the truth about their side of the story, while making shit up on the other side.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Northumberland County)

I haven't seen all the episodes... but I haven't seen anything that is blatently and provably untrue...

Obviously you must've been offended by one of their episodes or it's subject matter...

(Berks County)

Default Re: Penn&Teller B*S*

The old link was dead....here is a new one.

Good info, and dispelled the BS that the anti crowd spews.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46864220&hl=en

Warning this is 28 minutes long (but worth it) and strong language!
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast