Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Why do real-deal operators seem to prefer an EoTech on their AK's??

Just an observation, maybe I am incorrect here. On Ultimaks website they have pics of their product in use, some of which are on the AK's of contractors in Iraq (or so it looks like). Now, with access to any and all optics, why do these guys run EoTech's over the Ultimaks natural companion, the Aimpoint T1??

http://www.ultimak.com/photos.htm

Upon looking, 5 out of 5 professional soldiers are using the EoTech. Ultimak has no reason to rep EoTech, they sell both, and I would argue that the T1 has done more for Ultimak sales than anthing else. I love the cowitness and ridonkulus battery life of the T1, plus I hear rumors of the Eotech overheating and shutting off no and then on the rail.

Why Eotechs??
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Berks County)

Default Re: Why do real-deal operators seem to prefer an EoTech on their AK's??

Tagged.
    10char

(Centre County)

Careful, "Contractor" and "Real-Deal Operator" should not be assumed to mean the same thing. Just like there's a big difference in providing security vs. offensive combat operations.

Maybe the company that those particular contractors are using got a deal on EoTechs. Maybe they were out of T1s at the time. Maybe the guy that was in charge of procuring equipment for the private company liked EoTechs better. Maybe the "5 out of 5" don't really have a choice and run what the company gives them to run.

Perhaps some of the contractors were truck drivers that were permitted to arm themselves. Perhaps these guys took jobs because they could earn more than twice what they would make in the states and really don't know a lot about guns except what they learned in training prior to going to Iraq.

I really don't think "5 out of 5" is a real representative number either. That would imply 100%, which is highly unlikely.

Personally I don't care what they use.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by arrrrgh15 View Post
    Careful, "Contractor" and "Real-Deal Operator" should not be assumed to mean the same thing. Just like there's a big difference in providing security vs. offensive combat operations.

Maybe the company that those particular contractors are using got a deal on EoTechs. Maybe they were out of T1s at the time. Maybe the guy that was in charge of procuring equipment for the private company liked EoTechs better. Maybe the "5 out of 5" don't really have a choice and run what the company gives them to run.

Perhaps some of the contractors were truck drivers that were permitted to arm themselves. Perhaps these guys took jobs because they could earn more than twice what they would make in the states and really don't know a lot about guns except what they learned in training prior to going to Iraq.

I really don't think "5 out of 5" is a real representative number either. That would imply 100%, which is highly unlikely.

Personally I don't care what they use.

I hear you, good points. I know that at least one of the guys in those pictures is a talented riflemen, because I trained with him, or should I say he trained me. He is now an Air Marshall out of Philly, and was at one time a Ranger. I wish I had seen this picture before I saw him last, I would have asked him.

I just found it odd that it ended up that way on ultimaks website. Its like a peanut butter company featuring fluff (EoTech) rather than jelly (T1).

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    I hear you, good points. I know that at least one of the guys in those pictures is a talented riflemen, because I trained with him, or should I say he trained me. He is now an Air Marshall out of Philly, and was at one time a Ranger. I wish I had seen this picture before I saw him last, I would have asked him.

I just found it odd that it ended up that way on ultimaks website. Its like a peanut butter company featuring fluff (EoTech) rather than jelly (T1).
    EOTechs aren't "fluff," Bob, they just don't belong on the front end of an AK. They don't resist the heat of the gas tube as well as Aimpoints, so they ride in back, or they go on another rifle. I won't give them great points for being streamlined, but they have their place.

I do await further sage viewpoints from experienced "operators."

next time I dial 411, I'll ask, "Hey, what do you run on your AK? Eotech or a T1?"

Just a little side not, the individuals that fit the criteria of 'Operator' that has been defined by mall ninjas, don't call themselves operators. Similar to how the term 'Kit' is over used and abused, like the word 'Epic'.

Most run what they are given. Most have the options of an Eotech, Aimpoint, Elcan, or ACOG because it's already in the inventory. All have their pros and cons. All break.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    next time I dial 411, I'll ask, "Hey, what do you run on your AK? Eotech or a T1?"

Just a little side not, the individuals that fit the criteria of 'Operator' that has been defined by mall ninjas, don't call themselves operators. Similar to how the term 'Kit' is over used and abused, like the word 'Epic'.

Most run what they are given. Most have the options of an Eotech, Aimpoint, Elcan, or ACOG because it's already in the inventory. All have their pros and cons. All break.
    The man doesn't even use the freakin' irons and he's in here preachin' ...

Thumbs up Re: Why do real-deal operators seem to prefer an EoTech on their AK's??

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    The man doesn't even use the freakin' irons and he's in here preachin' ...

I had to bypass the block here to see that picture. That's a good picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by King 5.45 View Post
    EOTechs aren't "fluff," Bob, they just don't belong on the front end of an AK. They don't resist the heat of the gas tube as well as Aimpoints, so they ride in back, or they go on another rifle. I won't give them great points for being streamlined, but they have their place.
    Ha, mis-stated that. EoTechs are awesome, I have one on my AR and love it. I referred to them as fluff in that analogy to mean, roughly, "great in its own right and preferred by some by not the logical partner". Jelly, of course, being peanut butters logical companion, as is the T1 to the AK/Ultimak setup.

http://stores.greygrouptraining.com/...tor/Detail.bok

I'll make sure to tell LAV and Paul Howe next time I see them that they should consider renaming their AK and 1911 classes, wouldnt want them to be thought of as Mall Ninjas!

I had to bypass the block here to see that picture. That's a good picture.
    Even if it looks like you're pinchin' a loaf on the other end, yes ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast