Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default How to remove a magazine baseplate on a Glock?

I picked up a pair of grip extensions for the glock 26 but I cant get the oem ones off. I googled the "how to's" and still cant get it to budge. There are plastic nubs jutting from from either side of the magazine bass into the bass plate. It seems they are preventing the bass plate from sliding forward, and off.

Suggestions?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: How to remove a magazine baseplate on a Glock?

Take a small punch, and stick it into the hole on the bottom of the base plate, push the internal plate with the nub on it out of the way, and use the punch as a lever to slide the baseplate forward. Hope that helps!

(Allegheny County)

It's a little tougher than the videos make it out to be but it can be done. At first you try to be real careful so you don't scratch anything or stab yourself. Then after multiple attempts you'll get pissed and say screw it and wallah!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Northampton County)

When I did it I pushed up the spring inside and then pushed on the baseplate while holding on the edge of a table. I don't remember where I got those instructions, it worked but is slipped off the table a few times and I thought I was going to skin my hand up.

(Montgomery County)

I get a punch or something that fits the hole and get pressure off the spring and then take a flat head and put it in the back and pry forward. Any other way is just dangerous lol but they are a pain to get off.

(York County)

You have to use a punch or screwdriver to push the internal plate up inside the, then squeeze the sides of the mag at just the right spot to move the retention tabs out of the slots on the baseplate, while using the punch or the edge of a table to leverage the baseplate off. The G26 mags are harder than the larger Glock mags, because the short length makes them less flexible, and therefore it's harder to squeeze the tabs out out of place, also the internal plate must be pushed up in the mag, not just pushed up slightly, or it will keep the mag from flexing when you squeeze it. I ended up getting a GTUL to change the baseplates on my Glock mags, it has little tabs on it that move the tabs on the mag out of the slots when you squeeze it, makes changing the baseplates and cleaning the mags a lot easier.

(Chester County)

Argh! This is almost comical. Im about to get my dremel out and buzz cut this sucker.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by afultz075 View Post
    Take a small punch, and stick it into the hole on the bottom of the base plate, push the internal plate with the nub on it out of the way, and use the punch as a lever to slide the baseplate forward. Hope that helps!
    I do this. It does take a good bit of elbow grease on my 26.

(Chester County)

Vader cut them off with his lightsaber...

Presto!

(Montgomery County)

The G36 mags are the worst since the single-stack makes the sides pretty much impossible to squeeze. The work-around I came up with was a pair of shims made from sheet styrene. I used a flat-blade screwdriver to pry open the area of each retaining tab, and then slide the shim in between the tab and base, holding it out of the notch. With both tabs held this way, the base comes off pretty easily. I'm guessing a similar method will work for your G26 mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast