Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default HB 886 - A separate act re: Firearms in Vehicles

Text Not Available At This Time! But it should be intetresting!

Regular Session 2011-2012
    House Bill 886

Short Title: An Act providing for the possession of firearms in motor vehicles; prohibiting certain acts; imposing duties on employers; and providing for civil immunity under certain circumstances and for enforcement.
    Prime Sponsor: Representative PYLE
    See: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...&type=B&bn=886

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Philadelphia County)

Default We need to add something about theft from vehicles

This may have been discussed before. If so, sorry.

In Philadelphia they revoke the LTCF of anyone who reports a gun stolen from his vehicle. The police spokesman says with a smirk that leaving a gun in a vehicle shows a lack of judgment and responsibility, and since state law apparently allows local jurisdictions to determine such character factors as a matter of discretion, "we choose to exercise such discretion." Of course, it's just part of the City's war on lawful gun ownership. This of course means that if you're headed anywhere weapons are prohibited (a school, college, airport, court, prison, or government building) then you can't carry on the way to and from your destination. So if your gun is stolen from your vehicle in Philadelphia, you can either not report it (but failure to report a gun theft is also a violation of local law), or you can say it was stolen from somewhere other than your vehicle (but false reporting is also against the law). And violation of either of those laws will also lead to revocation of your LTCF. So the bottom line is, if your gun is stolen from your vehicle you either lose your LTCF or commit a crime, or both. Of course, the Police won't waste any time trying to find whoever stole your gun, they'll just blame you. And this is in one of the most gun-friendly states in the nation.

Paul

(Berks County)

Default Re: HB 886 - A separate act re: Firearms in Vehicles

My guess would be this bill will allow for firearms transportation (not carry) in a vehicle without the need for an LTCF, and without the ridiculous restrictions of directly-to-and-from your home and a range, shooting event, etc.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    My guess would be this bill will allow for firearms transportation (not carry) in a vehicle without the need for an LTCF, and without the ridiculous restrictions of directly-to-and-from your home and a range, shooting event, etc.
    This should be the employer parking lot bill that Rep. Pyle and I have discussed at length.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    This should be the employer parking lot bill that Rep. Pyle and I have discussed at length.

I would like to see this and hoping for it as well.

(Luzerne County)

So glad that Rep. Pyle brought this one back.. It would allow to have a firearm in your vehicle while at work so that protection to and from work is covered. Hopefully this one will take off and get going REAL soon... tired of walking on eggshells every time I go to or leave work....

I really dont see any reason that you cant have a loaded gun in your car for protection. You can keep one under you couch, but not under your seat and it seems you are more likely to be robbed in your car.

It seems really weird that philadelphia worries about law abiding citizens having guns but the criminals have the guns and they want to allow us to be out gunned. What is with them? If my memory serves me correct philly was one of the last major cities for the cops to quit carrying revolvers.

Text is now available.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Text is now available.
    Not bad. I especially like the declaration that the General Assembly recognizes the intent of the Constitution. But I think they should add another section to this bill stating in plain language that the Philadephia Police Department shall not use the theft of a firearm legally and temporarily stored in a vehicle as an excuse to strip a citizen of LTCF.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Not bad. I especially like the declaration that the General Assembly recognizes the intent of the Constitution. But I think they should add another section to this bill stating in plain language that the Philadephia Police Department shall not use the theft of a firearm legally and temporarily stored in a vehicle as an excuse to strip a citizen of LTCF.
    Unfortunately to do so would be to ignore the most obvious way of preventing that. Just strip out 6109's character clause. That will leave the city without "discretion".

That, or at least allowing residents to apply for an LTCF if any county.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast