Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Range near Glen Mills/West Chester

I live in Glen Mills and I am looking for a good range to go to to shoot pretty much anything. I would like to be able to shoot at cans, bottles, or whatever else suitible, which pretty much rules out the SGL I normally go to in Elverson, PA. I would also like to be able to shoot 100+ yards, preferably 200 at least. I know when I was younger I was taken to an old strip mine somewhere that was at least 150-200 yards and didn't really have too many rules on what to shoot but I cannot remember where it is. Free entry is also a big plus, but at the very least it needs to be open to public.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Range near Glen Mills/West Chester

Shoot whatever you want and free are 2 things you're gonna find a hard time satisfying those requirements.

Honestly I don't know of any around here with those criteria.

SGL will be paid too (either via hunting/fur takers license or yearly fee IIRC)
    so I'd research gun clubs around here because I think you're pretty limited in this area.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Delaware County)

Smile Re: Range near Glen Mills/West Chester

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen567 View Post
    I live in Glen Mills and I am looking for a good range to go to to shoot pretty much anything. I would like to be able to shoot at cans, bottles, or whatever else suitible, which pretty much rules out the SGL I normally go to in Elverson, PA. I would also like to be able to shoot 100+ yards, preferably 200 at least. I know when I was younger I was taken to an old strip mine somewhere that was at least 150-200 yards and didn't really have too many rules on what to shoot but I cannot remember where it is. Free entry is also a big plus, but at the very least it needs to be open to public.
    Good luck I have been looking for the last 10 years for a place like that. If you find a place let me know.
    Mike

(Delaware County)

Let me rephrase, anything short of full auto. Did not know the SGL ranges were supposed to be paid, I have shot at Elverson numerous times now without any issues from the range officer, or even having him ask me for anything. I follow range rules and gun safety and am polite when approached so I have never had an issue. I know there should be some abandoned strip mines in the Schuylkill area which is roughly 2 hours from me, so I am willing to travel out that far. Though I do not know if any of them still exist today.

For right now Free>shoot anything, since I am only going to be shooting a .22LR and .22 Mag when I go this week. Researching gun clubs is on my agenda for the next few months.

Off-topic: Nice to see another Glen Mills member glocking26, where about the area are you from?

(Delaware County)

Off-topic: Nice to see another Glen Mills member glocking26, where about the area are you from?[/QUOTE]

Hi Neighbor. I'm right off Rt 1 and cheyney Rd. Right down the road from newlin grist park. And you? You think it's hard finding a place to shoot 22lr try finding one that lets you shoot full auto. I have two sub machine guns and and a bunch of other class 3 stuff and I have to drive an hour each way just to shoot indoors. Forget about Targetmaster tommy won't let you shoot full auto there. But he'll rent you one for $$$$
    Mike

(Delaware County)

Right up the road from you, near the intersection of Smithbridge and Valleybrook roads. That must be a pain trying to find a place to shoot them if Targetmaster wont let you. I usually drive about an hour out anyway, make a sonic trip of it and hit the one near the Elverson range. haha

(Delaware County)

I also drive about 50 mins each way up to Bristol to Ready Aim Fire were I can shoot all my stuff. Nice range nice guys run the place but the drive sucks.
    Mike
    http://www.rafire.com/raf/