Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default The elusive SR1911

Well after quite some time of wanting to get a Ruger SR1911, today's the day. Put my name on the list for one in December and I was number 6. Imagine my surprise when I got a call Monday that it was in. Looking forward to going to the range after I prep it. I've seen some of the grease that is in new guns and will clean it first. And I paid $599 for it.

(York County)

Default Re: The elusive SR1911

Looks like you hit the jackpot! Fast response and a good price! My cousin just bought his a few months ago for $800! He took it out of the box, gave it a cleaning and we shot about 400 rounds through it. Shoots very accurate and not a single issue at all. This gun is definitely on my wish list! Congrats!

(Lancaster County)

Nice score. Sometimes waiting is worth it.

I saw a pair of fullsize SR1911's a few months ago, NIB for $589 each (cash price, credit was $30 more). I already had one but I've regretted not buying a second ever since......

Then 2 days ago I happened to find the elusive SR1911 Commander for $699. I plunked down a deposit on it and I'm picking it up in a few hours. Will post a new thread with pics and range report.

(Northumberland County)

Wow! Great deal , I'm insanely jealous! I love ruger handguns.

My wife and I were at our LGS buying her an M&P Shield the other night and there was a guy there going on to his friend about how he (his friend) should avoid Ruger 1911s because they don't know anything about 1911s and what he wanted was a Remington R1 or a Les Baer... My wife and I looked at each other and then at the guys behind the counter and we all just rolled our eyes and shook our heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    should avoid Ruger 1911s because they don't know anything about 1911s and what he wanted was a Remington R1
    Yea, people tend to say things like that when they have a two digit IQ. Put a BTGS on the R1 and it's the same gun as the SR, which isn't the point. Might as well say Ford doesn't know anything about a hybrid.
    Last edited by harold63; March 29th, 2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: added isn't the point
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    Nice score. Sometimes waiting is worth it.

I saw a pair of fullsize SR1911's a few months ago, NIB for $589 each (cash price, credit was $30 more). I already had one but I've regretted not buying a second ever since......

Then 2 days ago I happened to find the elusive SR1911 Commander for $699. I plunked down a deposit on it and I'm picking it up in a few hours. Will post a new thread with pics and range report.
    Congratulations on finding the Commander. They're really tough to find. Hoping to hit the range next Friday weather permitting. Enjoy!

(Philadelphia County)

congrats on the sr1911 and welcome to the club.
    You r one dumb son of a b!tch, bringina knifetoa gunfight

(Chester County)

Just had my SR1911 out yesterday.

My vietnam vet friend basically hogged it the whole time and reminisced about carrying a 1911 and never really thought much of it until I let him shoot it a few months ago. He's hooked.

He is actually looking for the commander version so he's in for a wait.

My 1911 locks up tight, has never misfed factory or my many different reloads, and shoots better than my abilities.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sigarms229 View Post
    ...Then 2 days ago I happened to find the elusive SR1911 Commander for $699. I plunked down a deposit on it and I'm picking it up in a few hours. Will post a new thread with pics and range report.
    If you don't mind me asking, where in Central PA did you find a commander?!?! I travel Lanc, York & Adams for my job and have hit every shop I can over the last 6 months, all to no a avail. Most guys just sort of chuckle and reply, "good luck"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast