Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default House To Put Anti-Gun ObamaCare & ATF On Chopping Block

House To Put Anti-Gun ObamaCare & ATF On Chopping Block
    Last Friday, the House tacked defunding of the anti-gun ObamaCare law onto the “continuing resolution,” which is required to fund the federal government through September 30.

In a series of four votes, the House approved:

* An amendment offered by Rep. Denny Rehberg (R-MT) to defund ObamaCare for the next six months;

* Two amendments sponsored by Rep. Steve King (R-IA) to defund previously appropriated provisions of ObamaCare; and,

* An amendment offered by Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R-MO) to defund IRS implementation of the “individual mandate,” which is the ObamaCare requirement that forces Americans to cough up their medical information which could later be used by the FBI to block gun purchases (and forces them to buy government-approved insurance).
    In addition, the House, by a sizable majority, adopted the Boren-Rehberg amendment to defund ATF’s efforts to create a new gun registry for many multiple gun sales. (Rep. Dan Boren is a Democrat from Oklahoma.)

Gun Owners of America contacted every member of the House of Representatives prior to the vote on the Boren-Rehberg amendment. This is an important provision that will stop the ATF’s attempts to illegally register gun owners. -[source]
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: House To Put Anti-Gun ObamaCare & ATF On Chopping Block

And after that six months it'll be right back to how things were.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Liberifle View Post
    And after that six months it'll be right back to how things were.
    It won't get that far. It won't get thru the Senate.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

We (and our supportive legislators) need to learn from the tactic used to legalize the right to carry in national parks.

In order to push pro-gun legislation through congress and actually get a signature it must be attached to legislation that the President wants to sign.

If he wants to raise the debt ceiling, we want a nationwide right to carry.

If he wants immigration reform, we want an easing of the NFA.

If he wants to fund Obamacare, we want to defund the BATFE.

Our side controls one house of Congress. If we stuck to our guns (no pun intended) on these kinds of items he would have see the failure of his bills or accept our additions.

In the end, I hate the idea of compromising at all, but these things can always be repealed. We need to demand that our reps in the house use their leverage. Otherwise, why are they there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    We (and our supportive legislators) need to learn from the tactic used to legalize the right to carry in national parks.

In order to push pro-gun legislation through congress and actually get a signature it must be attached to legislation that the President wants to sign.

Our side controls one house of Congress. If we stuck to our guns (no pun intended) on these kinds of items he would have see the failure of his bills or accept our additions.

In the end, I hate the idea of compromising at all, but these things can always be repealed. We need to demand that our reps in the house use their leverage. Otherwise, why are they there in the first place?
    Obama Care
    I don't care if they hooked an amendment on to repeal the 4473 and abolish the ATF I would not want it supported. We need to lead by example with clean bills that get up or down votes. NOT SHELL BILLS
    On the other hand I reallize that crappy as it is you can either play the game the way it is played and get things you want or sit on the sideline being mr nice guy and get your ass kicked.

(Berks County)

While I am pleased to see the efforts the point is mute.http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...t=va&aid=23062

It doesn't matter what passes becuase Obama Scare has been ruled unconstitutional. That mean it can not be enforced. Once again the "law makers" are wasting time!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post

So, you can chop off my leg, as long as I get my 2 fingers back?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Exactly why Nov. 6, 2012 is CRITICAL to remove all the big Government, anti-gun, control your life, progressive, tyrannical, kommie abortion Kings from every office possible.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; March 2nd, 2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Allegheny County)

In fairness, abortion is a woman's right. I wouldn't exactly list that in the negatives of a politician.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast