Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: [PAFOA Alert] Judiciary Committe Action: HB 641 (Castle Doctrine)

Appears to be childish politics at the hands of the 'black caucus'. How anybody could be against castle doctrine is beyond me. Their gun control bills got votes, and were voted down. Bills like HB641 which would actually take a bite out of crime and punish the criminals instead of law abiding citizens don't even get a vote.

I hope these black caucus idiots never come back. Probably tough to run for re-election after you do nothing but obstruct the entire legislative process.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    Appears to be childish politics at the hands of the 'black caucus'. How anybody could be against castle doctrine is beyond me. Their gun control bills got votes, and were voted down. Bills like HB641 which would actually take a bite out of crime and punish the criminals instead of law abiding citizens don't even get a vote.

I hope these black caucus idiots never come back. Probably tough to run for re-election after you do nothing but obstruct the entire legislative process.
    If it was any other job they would be fired!

(Westmoreland County)

Needless to say, i got a little pissed off about this one...

My letter

Along comes some of the first sensible legislation to decrease the amount of crime in PA and it's removed from the agenda? This is absurd. PA Legislators, especially the Black Caucus, like to bellow about how much crime there is in Philadelphia. Along comes legislation to allow citizens to do what the legislators in PA along with the police cannot do, prevent crime. Is this embraced? No. It's shunned on account of politicians that are happier to cry and play the race card than to take any measures toward curbing crime. I find it terribly ironic that Philly and 'Burgh politicians (my own Bennington in the herd) want to try and pass legislation to curb the rights of citizens trying to obtain and carry arms for personal defense and then shun the only legislation that would actually curb it.

The only chance PA has of lowering the crime rate is to 1: Enforce existing laws. 2: Improve police presence in trouble areas and 3: Allow citizens to defend themselves against aggressors. I'm sad to say that you've bypassed the 3 most logical solutions and went straight to the Kleenex solution of crying.

It may work with my mother and wife but I can assure you, I hold my representatives to a much higher standard than tearing up at the first sign of trouble.

An unhappy camper
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post

I was told earlier today the black caucus was in session today so obviously a deal was cut.
    They are back!
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Chester County)

I am writing you to ask that you support HB641 which was on the agenda in the Judiciary Committee until it was removed today. This bill would eliminate the duty of honest citizens to retreat when attacked by criminals and provide them with legal protection if they were to defend themselves. This kind of law is already in force in 20 states and is being considered in others. I ask that you support this legislation as it provides law abiding citizens the tools to defend themselves in a situation which might require the use of force without fear of legal repercussions. Please put pressure on the leaders of the Judiciary Committee to put this bill back on the agenda and to vote yes on the floor.

that is what i sent in my email

(Luzerne County)

I just received this confirmation from Representative Capelli's office on what is going on. As we all know Rep. Capelli is the sponsor of HB641.

"
    It is not coming out of committee, the delegation threatened to walk out. However, he is amending this bill into a Senate bill that's scheduled to be voted on by the full House this week.

District Legislative Aide to
    Representative Steven Cappelli
    Phone: 570-321-1270
    Fax: 570-326-3719
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

(Allegheny County)

Wrote them over the weekend about this.

(Luzerne County)

sent email.

(Allegheny County)

how/ what can i do to express my opion to the power that be should i call or should i send emails to the people on the list?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by wilddude4202001 View Post
    how/ what can i do to express my opion to the power that be should i call or should i send emails to the people on the list?
    For time sensitive issues: Calls, then emails
    For non-time sensitive issues: Letters, Calls, then emails

That has always been my order of operation.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast