Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Meleanie Hain (shefearsnothing) Memorial Dinner

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Did Venice Pizza give a reason?
    I never bothered to ask. They originally initiated the promise when the event was planned (they were made aware of it ahead of time), then the day of, they acted uncomfortable when asked about it and said they would send a check later. It just never happened.

Anyway, I don't want to make a big deal about it, which is why I haven't mentioned it publicly until now. We'll simply go elsewhere.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; February 3rd, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I never bothered to ask. They originally initiated the promise when the event was planned (they were made aware of it ahead of time), then the day of, they acted uncomfortable when asked about it and said they would send a check later. It just never happened.

Anyway, I don't want to make a big deal about it, which is why I haven't mentioned it publicly until now. We'll simply go elsewhere.
    If they can't figure out that: Make promise + Break Promise = Our Money Elsewhere, then I'm quite surprised they managed to stay in business this long.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    If they can't figure out that: Make promise + Break Promise = Our Money Elsewhere, then I'm quite surprised they managed to stay in business this long.
    REALLY????

It has nothing to do with "Make promise + Break Promise = Our Money Elsewhere" and everything to do with pleasing the customer which is something they do with their food. That is why they stay in business so I am not surprised.

While we are hurt that they did not follow through with their promise, it doesn't mean the 20-30 people that change venue are going to cause them to go out of business. My reasoning is how many return on a regular basis to the shop outside of any functions we plan there? I think I might visit 3-5 time a year at most. Point is most of use are not locals so us not returning isn't going to hurt their bottom line and cause them to go out of business.

As to the dinner, please keep this tread updated or post where the new thread is so I can follow. I do want to attend. Thnx.
    Regards Robert
    Smile... it increases your face value!
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~Thomas Jefferson

(Franklin County)

Since the conversation is going off topic, and the event this thread is about is long since over, I am going to close this thread. If I undertake organizing the new one, I will start a new thread, and if for some reason I decide not to, I will post that information as well.

(Franklin County)

After checking with Jenny (Meleanie's mom), I have decided that I will not be attempting to organize a memorial dinner this year. That is not to say that I am discouraging someone else from organizing one if they wish.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567