Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default In Philadelphia; Museum of Natural Sciences or Franklin Institute?

Are these places okay to CC? Any sort of metal detectors? I'd like to visit them soon.

Also, Mutter (is that spelled right?) museum?

Thanks!
    -Zach

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: In Philadelphia; Museum of Natural Sciences or Franklin Institute?

I "think" the Museum of Nat. Sciences is ok - the FI is definitely ok to CC.

(Montgomery County)

I have carried into all of the above mentioned places. Be confident, you have nothing to fear.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Bucks County)

:O Please no, if you get into a firefight please think of all of the priceless art!!!

But besides that... Go for it, the worst they can say is no .
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

I've never seen any signage against carrying in any of those places, I've carried in all three. And yes, it's Mutter. Best thing about the place is it's never crowded and parking is easy.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Lancaster County)

CC'd not to long ago at the Mutter. I agree with the others, no issues what so ever.

(Bucks County)

Thank you all!

-Zach

Is the Academy of Natural Sciences still ok? I see this thread is from about a year and half ago. Plan on going there next month....Thanks!
    Last edited by robarrev; September 15th, 2012 at 09:01 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanwill View Post
    Is the Academy of Natural Sciences still ok? I see this thread is from about a year and half ago. Plan on going there next month....Thanks!
    I could find nothing on the Academy's site but since it is now known as the "Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University", Drexel's rules may be in effect. So far as I know, there are no searches or metal detectors at the public entrances. From Drexel's site:

Weapons Policy

No student, faculty, staff or visitor shall keep, use, possess, display or transport any rifles, shotguns, handguns, pellet or BB guns, dangerous knives, billy clubs, makeshift weapons, martial arts weapons, or any other lethal or dangerous devices capable of casting a projectile by air, gas, explosion, or mechanical means on any property or in any building owned or operated by the University, or in any vehicle on campus. The only exception to this policy pertains to the Drexel University Police Department and other recognized law enforcement officials. Realistic facsimiles of weapons are also specifically not allowed.
    Cavet emptor but semper paratus, et. al.

(Montgomery County)

I was always curious about the Constitution Center... Seems like the kind of place they'd try to strip those rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast