Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Are YOU on the list for deadline day?

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...31/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh police said they will soon start issuing arrest warrants for thousands of people who have not responded to tickets for speeding, parking in restricted areas, running red lights and similar traffic offenses.
    If you're on the list, Friday is the last day to respond. You can schedule a hearing or pay the fine -- or else, you can expect to get arrested, police said.
    (NOTE: The original deadline was Nov. 20 but it was extended to Dec. 7.) long line of people waiting to pay their outstanding tickets had already formed by 10 a.m. in municipal court, downtown.
    District court administrator Raymond Billotte said he understands people might have forgotten about their tickets -- some of which date to 2004 -- but there are hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid parking and traffic tickets, and it's tying up the court system, so if you don't respond to an unpaid ticket, a warrant could be issued for your arrest.
    "We will work in teams, we will target certain neighborhoods, we will go after the major offenders initially," said Billotte.
    To find out if you're on the list, go to www.AlleghenyCourts.us and click on "Summary Offense Warrant Citations."
    If your name is on the list and there is a "TR" before the docket number, that is a traffic citation and you will need to call 412-350-6748.
    If there is an "NT" by the docket number, the number indicates a non-traffic violation and you will need to call 412-350-6710.
    People who don't have Internet access may call 412-350-6748.
    http://www2.alleghenycourts.us/pmccitations.asp

I found this interesting and was relieved to find that apparently i do not have any warrants out for my arrest

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

Default Re: Are YOU on the list for deadline day?

nice knowing ya, D-FENS!

Quote Originally Posted by XD45 View Post
    nice knowing ya, D-FENS!
    My man THC (he'll never be D-FENS to me) isn't on the list, but a friend of mine from school is, for a parking ticket, even though it was tossed in court in '05...apparently not?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

Yeah I think he finally got threw to take care of his ticket a month or so ago... Haven't found anyone I know on it yet.

(Westmoreland County)

I was able to resolve mine after 3 weeks of barraging their phones. I've found a few co-workers on there(I stalk) and alerted them.

If all this hubbub is over parking tickets, why don't people just pay those online?
    https://step1.caledoncard.com/tickets/pittsburgh.html
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Lebanon County)

That system is screwed up. A few years back, a good friend got a threatening letter from Pittsburgh saying he owed for numerous parking violations. Problem is, he had never driven in Pittsburgh in his life. They had his tag number, make of vehicle, and that was that. Actually, he was in Texas with said vehicle during the period tickets were issued, and provided proof. It took a lawyer to get the tickets dropped. Cost him more to go that route, but it was the principle of the thing.