Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Snyder County)

Default Quick Story from Trip on Sunday

So this past Sunday (12/9), my work took us on a trip to NYC for dinner and a movie. I knew I couldn't carry into NYS, so I left the XD at home and took the P3AT for the ride up to get the bus and just planned on locking it up in the car. Well, as happens so often with this thing, I forgot about it. So we are sitting in the bus almost ready to go and I this is how the conversation went:

Me: Shit, I forgot I had this with me...*point to pocket where P3AT is*
    Her: Well, can you leave it in the car?
    Me: I guess I should. Don't want any problems.

So I get off and lock it in the car and come back to the bus before it pulls out.

Me: Well, I don't like doing that, but I have to do what I have to do.
    Her: Yeah, I know. I am getting so used to you carrying it all the time. It is very comforting knowing that you always have that with you.
    Me: Really? Comforting for you?
    Her: Yeah, especially when going someplace like NYC.
    Me: Yeah, I know. But don't want to get in trouble with the cops. They would take all my guns and not be allowded to own any....ever.
    Her: That sucks that in a place with more crime, that you can't protect yourself if you need it.
    Me: Well, thats what the cops are for...
    Her: Yeah, right...like they would do anything.

So I think she is coming around. Not that she was ever anti-gun. But just anti-carry. She never understood why I needed to carry all the time. So I would always point out news articles to her about how things happen to random good people. Never any comments, just like, "hey, did you read this?" And I think she is starting to see the need to have a firearm to protect your life when it is threatened. I love my wife!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Quick Story from Trip on Sunday

Have her research this a little...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Hennard

http://www.gunownersalliance.com/hupp-10.htm

It's all she really needs to know.
    It can happen.

Glad to hear she can see that for herself though.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Who is "her"?
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by axmdr40 View Post
    Who is "her"?
    Sorry, my wife. Thought I clarified that...in my mind I did. Can't you read what I am thinking? Hmm...

(Allegheny County)

Glad to here she's coming around to it. My gf hated the fact that i carried until she started reading stories like your wife. Now she has no issues whatsoever and shoots right beside me at the range.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Cambria County)

It's great to hear that she is coming around, I just had a conversation with my wife about taking a gun with me to church. My wife didn't like the idea, but shortly after we were watching the news about Colorado. I hope that sank it in. My wife is pro-gun but whenever I carry, I always get a strange look, followed by..why???
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Snyder County)

Yeah, she was never against me carrying. Just never understood why. It was my decision and she accepted that. She never had anything against guns and always felt comfort having them in the house. Even before I moved in I left my .22 there cause she lived alone. But the more she thinks about it, the more she understands my decision and is starting to agree, not just accept.

Next step, LTCF....but honey, you should have one incase I leave one of my firearms in your car...baby steps.

Oh, and I should add that she loves to shoot. I can't buy ammo fast enough. And she is a damn good shot. Just the carrying all the time she wasn't sure about at first.

(Beaver County)

I'm lucky. My wife came with guns. She actually got me into shooting and bought me my first, second and soon my third gun.

(Montgomery County)

Lucky bastard!

(Delaware County)

It sounds to me like your wife is just about there.

My wife too has slowly come around. 8 or so years ago when I informed her that I was starting to carry concealed she did not understand. Her first thought was that something had happened to me personally. That I had be robed, mugged, threatened, etc. Today she has come around to better understanding the society in which we live. Violent crime can happen to any of us, any where, at any time.

She still does not understand why I carry concealed in the house yet. Slowly I think that she is beginning to understand that as well.