Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 22 lr scope sight in

I got a 20 dollar bill says I am right

Quote Originally Posted by WMG View Post
    frency , no , stop for a second , here is your way
    I am 1 inch to the right on my shot , then I line up the bull and do what? , move my clicks to the right to hit the hole like you say , now I am 2 inches right
    however my way
    I am 1 inch right , i place my hairs on the bullet hole , and move my crosshairs .... left which is what needed done in the 1st place ... correct , think about it , or just trust me
    Reality check, you shoot this X

you hit here X

Now place the gun where you shot. Move the scope using the clicks to where the gun shot, the gun was aimed a the second X so place the cross hairs on the second X, that is after all where the gun hit independently of where you actually shot it. If the gun does not move from the first X and you move the scope by click to the second X, the scope is now perfectly alligned to where the gun hit. Now go back to the bull, and as the scope follows the gun, it will hit the bull.
    My way, you shoot 1 inch low, you place the gun back to where it was originally aimed, then click the scope down 1 inch. Your scope is now on the bullet hole. So is the gun if it did not move when you did this as this is where it was independently of where you where aiming. move the scope down 1 inch, now when you put your scope back on target you are exactly 1 inch higher.
    You are aligning the scope to where the bullet hit.

Your way.
    You shoot a shot, place your cross hairs on the shot and move the scope to the bull. SO you where one inch down, you move the scope and gun to the 1 inch down and reajust an inch up from there. Now the scope is one inch lower then the bullet hole that is already one inch lower then the bull, so you are effectively 2 inch lower then bull.

OK lets try it this way, 2 pennies and a quarter.

Place a penny on paper, this is the bull, trace a circle around it.
    Place a quarter under it and an other penny under that, that is the bullet hole.

My way, take the top penny (scope) bring it down to the hole penny (lower penny) now take the hole penny, put it back where the bull trace is where you originally traced the top penny, where is the scope penny? Where is the bullet penny? On top of the bull penny! If you shoot where the scope is aimed, the gun is also aimed at the exact position so will make a hole in the bull.

Now your way, place the same penny on the bull, a quarter under it, and the last penny under that, this time trace the lower penny as well, now move the top penny to the place where the bottom penny was, move the quarter where under that and the lower penny under that. this is your new impact point, now move the top penny back to the top or bull position, where is your scope (top penny) On bull right, but did the bottom penny move? No because It is now a whole quarter lower then it originally was, if did not move because it is the new gun alignment you made and only moved the scope back to the bull. The gun remains where you moved it down to "supposedly" hit the bullet hole, but in reality, it is one quarter lower then it originally was, so now moivng the cross hairs to the bull with the clicks makes it that the new alignment of the barrell is 2 quarters low.

Try it your way, then try it my way, Ill pm you where you can send the $20
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

oh lord , frenchy , I know what youre thinking , but let me ask you like this
    if I am 1 inch right .... I need to go LEFT ... CORRECT ? "YES"
    how in the world is turning my scope to the right TO HIT MY HOLE GOING TO MAKE ME MOVE LEFT?

here is the target

BULLSEYE >>>>>>>>>>>>> "bullet hole"

I need to go left now if I move my scope right ..... I am what?

you need to realize when you move the scope your way ..... you are already off the bull ..................... to the right ...... moving the scope right to hit the bullet hole means your scope is going even more off to the right

and are you saying you except the 20 dollar bet?
    Ifn i was you ... I wouldnt

here is the target

I need to go left now if I move my scope right ..... I am what?
    WMG, think about it

BULLSEYE click scope to the "Bullet hole"
    Now the Bullseye and the bullet hole are in the exact same place, move the scope to the bullseye, where is the gun? (next bullet hole) same plae you just placed the scope.

Do the penny thing, you will see
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

once more ... if I am 1 inch right and I move my scope 1 inch left ........ the next time I line up the scope my barrel came over that 1 inch left
    I know what youre thinkin tho

FORGET YOUR DAMN PENNY

frency we both agree if i AM 1 INCH RIGHT .... i need to move my scope knobs left , correct? cause thats where the bullet goes ........... so how does turning my knobs right help?

Just ask yourself that

you need to realize when you move the scope your way ..... you are already off the bull ..................... to the right ...... moving the scope right to hit the bullet hole means your scope is going even more off to the right

and are you saying you except the 20 dollar bet?
    Ifn i was you ... I wouldnt
    WMG, 5 years military, 2 sniper courses, 1 bullet to sight in a gun. Stop arguing, do it your way, when you see you are wrong do it my way.

OK lets try this again, You aim the bull, shoot, the gun moves some, place it back on the bull, If you where to shoot a second shot right away, it would again hit where your first bullet hit, so move the scope (only) there only use the clicks now, dont move the gun from its original alignment. Align the scope where the bullet hits, your scope is now 100% alligned to the gun. move the gun and scope back to the bull, shoot and yuor bullet will hit where the scope is aimed.

Your way, aim the bull, take a shot, move the gun so the scope goes where the bullet was and lock it, did the gun not follow the scope? so you are now effectively further then you originally where to the bull right, move the scope to the bull, fire again, did the bullet hit where the bull is or 2X as far away? You dont align the gun to the scope, you align the scope to the gun. The gun is what is shooting the bullet. When you lock the gun in place, then align the scope to where the gun hit, you cant go wrong, but if you move the scope to where the bullet hit, then ajust the scope to where you "want" it to hit (the Bull), the gun is locked in its new place it did not move, just the scope.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

If i am 1 inch right .... do i need to come 1 inch left ..... yes or no?

now i place it on the bullet hole and move it 1 inch left back to the bull
    isnt that what I just did
    sure seems that way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast