Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First time out with PMR

I finally got to take my KT PMR and RFB to the range today....along with my STI Spartan and newly purchased (used) Saiga 7.62x39.

Since I had a few firearms to test out...I didn't get to shoot a ton of ammo through any of the firearms.

The trigger on the PMR is very nice for a sub $300 pistol. It was very difficult to load all 30rds in the mags...I managed about 25rds and left them in there for weeks to compress the springs. I added a Hogue handall grip since the polymer used on the PMR was very "slick." The recoil is mild and it was less than my FN FsN pistol...both FsN and PMR are pretty loud in the pistols. I didn't shoot without hearing protection this time around since I was pressed for time.

What I noticed about shooting the PMR is that 22 mag ammo is DIRTY. I was shooting HSM, Winchester Supreme, and CCI mini mag and I had debris hitting my face when I shot all three brands of ammo.

The good news is that the PMR shoots very well and I am glad that I picked up this pistol since many have not been able to locate them.

Default Re: First time out with PMR

nice.

Im still considering one. Still want more range reports though.

(Chester County)

Very cool. Whats a box of 22 mag run ya compared to 5.7 these days?

Was the KT really lubed up? Sometimes I notice splatter when i run a gun really wet.

PMR was not wet...just some lube in the right spots. The debris was from the ammo.

ETA: 22mag CCI from walmart runs under $10/50...you can find bricks of 22mag online...I bought HSM by the brick for $60 in the past.

5.7 depends on what you are buying...most will find SS197...I've gotten as cheap as $16/50. If you buy a case (2,000) you can find them for roughly $750range shipped. Not bad considering the SS197 uses Hornady vmax bullets.
    Last edited by aubie515; February 24th, 2011 at 11:18 PM.

(Cumberland County)

How does the.PMR feel recoil-wise? Like shooting a Ruger auto .22?
    I want one badly. Would make a great BUG
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Well, the Ruger MKII/III series weigh so much more compared to the PMR, so the weight will reduce felt recoil and it's only 22LR. I haven't owned a 22LR pistol in a couple of years, so it's hard to compare.

I would say the 22mag has more recoil compared to 22LR pistols due to it's light weight and the 22mag itself is a more "powerful" round.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    Well, the Ruger MKII/III series weigh so much more compared to the PMR, so the weight will reduce felt recoil and it's only 22LR. I haven't owned a 22LR pistol in a couple of years, so it's hard to compare.

I would say the 22mag has more recoil compared to 22LR pistols due to it's light weight and the 22mag itself is a more "powerful" round.
    Fair enough. I need to get my hands on one.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Pike County)

I was wondering what is the purpose/use of the .22 Mag round? Hunting? Self-Defense?
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Most gun owners that I know do not need a reason to buy a new firearm. I bought it because I like the 22mag and there aren't many pistols offered in 22mag. Made sense to me...hope that was a good enough validation for you.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    I was wondering what is the purpose/use of the .22 Mag round? Hunting? Self-Defense?

In my case, I arleady had a .22Mag Winchester 9422M rifle and a Heritage Rough Rider .22Mag revolver. I wanted a .22Mag semi-auto pistol, so I purchased a PMR-30. When the RMR-30 is available, I'll get one of those too, as well as a Marlin 983. I'm just keeping everything in the same .22Mag family.

My son is now old enough to shoot, so I got a Chiappa 1911-22 to use as a teaching tool for him. That's my only .22LR gun (unless you count the .22LR cylnider for the Rough Rider), but now he wants a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22.

I don't hunt, I only shoot for fun and to improve my proficiency. When it becomes more important to defend my home and family, I'll get a Taurus 809 first, and if the crap really hits the fan, an AR later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast