Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Hanover's 2nd Anuual Tax Day Tea Party

Fed up with the way that federal and state government are run? Tired of high school property taxes? Want to see a change back to FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE?

Well, grab your lawn chairs, protest signs, and Gadsden flags. It's time for the Second Annual Tax Day Tea Party at Wirt Park! This year's event is being held by the Hanover Tea Party Patriots. Information about the group and the event can be found on their webpage: www.hanoverteapartypatriots.org

Speakers invited to this year's rally:

-910 AM's Gary Suton

-Former gubernatorial candidate Sam Rohrer

-teapartypatriots.org national coordinator Diana Reimer

-Representative Will Tallman

-Representative Dan Moul

We have several surprise attractions lined up for the event.

Last year's rally we had over 400 people in attendance, lets fill the park this year!
    Last edited by popeyepae; February 27th, 2011 at 03:23 PM.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Hanover's 2nd Anuual Tax Day Tea Party

The below is quoted from the Evening Sun by TIM STONESIFER online edition. It appears Councilman Sonny Eline doesnt' actually support the 2nd ammendment as he states because he believes limitations should be in place because guns and kids don't mix. How is a holstered & secured weapon + kids + a public park = accident waiting to happen? Pure rhetoric on his part.

Edmonds and Tatela said they've asked participants to tone down the presence of guns -- something that drew the attention of residents at last year's rally -- at this year's event. But Tatela told the council that Pennsylvania is an open-carry state, and the Tea party group was founded on the value of individual rights and a respect for the Constitution, citing specifically the Second Amendment.

And that doesn't mean the event isn't family friendly, Tatela said.

"We will make sure that Hanover is represented respectfully," he said.

But that was enough to raise a red flag for Councilman Sonny Eline, who said he didn't like the idea of firearms again in a public park where children will be playing. Eline said he has a carry permit and a healthy respect for the right to bear arms, but added the combination of guns and families is just asking for an accident to happen.

"I don't think it's a good mix," he said. "I just don't know why we have to have the weapons."
    The council then voted 9-0 in favor of allowing the event.

Eline abstained from the vote, explaining he would not vote in favor of the rally, but also would not vote against it because of a respect for the First and Second Amendments.

The entire article can be reached with the following link:

http://www.eveningsun.com/localnews/ci_17496963
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by jhbenson4 View Post
    The below is quoted from the Evening Sun by TIM STONESIFER online edition. It appears Councilman Sonny Eline doesnt' actually support the 2nd ammendment as he states because he believes limitations should be in place because guns and kids don't mix. How is a holstered & secured weapon + kids + a public park = accident waiting to happen? Pure rhetoric on his part.

Edmonds and Tatela said they've asked participants to tone down the presence of guns -- something that drew the attention of residents at last year's rally -- at this year's event. But Tatela told the council that Pennsylvania is an open-carry state, and the Tea party group was founded on the value of individual rights and a respect for the Constitution, citing specifically the Second Amendment.

And that doesn't mean the event isn't family friendly, Tatela said.

"We will make sure that Hanover is represented respectfully," he said.

But that was enough to raise a red flag for Councilman Sonny Eline, who said he didn't like the idea of firearms again in a public park where children will be playing. Eline said he has a carry permit and a healthy respect for the right to bear arms, but added the combination of guns and families is just asking for an accident to happen.

"I don't think it's a good mix," he said. "I just don't know why we have to have the weapons."
    The council then voted 9-0 in favor of allowing the event.

Eline abstained from the vote, explaining he would not vote in favor of the rally, but also would not vote against it because of a respect for the First and Second Amendments.

The entire article can be reached with the following link:

http://www.eveningsun.com/localnews/ci_17496963
    He was specifically referring to the rifles brought by a group of guys last year. We told him that we have asked the group to tone it down this year, but it is people's rights and it would be detrimental to the cause of Liberty for our group to ask people not to do what ever it is they feel they need to do to exercise their rights. I think people, including Mr. Eline, fail to recognize that people bringing rifles is not a display of force (or for intimidation) rather no less a protest sign than any other.

I understand that some people are uncomfortable around firearms, but the best way to instill comfort in a society is through conditioning. Conditioning is when you introduce something and associate that thing with something good. If people see a steady majority of good people carrying firearms in the open, they will become less uncomfortable by them. I do respect people's comfort, but I also point out two things:
    1. If someone is uncomfortable around someone with a gun they do not have to stay in the vicinity
    2. There is no constitutional right for comfort, but there is both state and federal rights protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

We spend too much time trying to be politically correct in our society, and if we can't freely exercise our rights granted to us by the state and federal government (as we see fit) then we are no different than Maryland where there is no right to carry in defense of oneself and the state.

As the situation with the unionistas heats up I think it would be wise to be prepared for anything, at upcoming events where Tea Party folks gather. Just today I heard one protestor in Madison make the statement that he might have to die for his beliefs and he seemed to be serious about it. By now you've probably seen the reporters in Madison and the Tea Party member in Atlanta being pushed/assaulted by thugs and get away with it so far. I fully expect the level of violence to increase as the temperatures rise. It would be prudent to position some of your own plain clothes "security" sentries, equipped with FRS radios a short distance away from the main crowd, to serve as an early warning system for the main event if they observe a threatening crowd starting to plan a confrontation. I also recommend carrying stun guns and/or pepper spray for the purpose of a non-lethal warning to enraged opportunists from the opposing point of view. If you have a tight group of able bodied friends who are going, prepare your defense tactics ahead of time. Position yourselves at the edge of the crowd to protect the more vulnerable attendees. Watch your backs. Are the police forces members of a local union? Do you think you can trust them in an emergency? In the Atlanta incident the policeman kept the Tea Party individual from apprehending
    the creep who shoved him into an iron fence.
    Never underestimate what we are up against. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. And always remember, there are more of us than there are of them.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayright View Post
    As the situation with the unionistas heats up I think it would be wise to be prepared for anything, at upcoming events where Tea Party folks gather. Just today I heard one protestor in Madison make the statement that he might have to die for his beliefs and he seemed to be serious about it. By now you've probably seen the reporters in Madison and the Tea Party member in Atlanta being pushed/assaulted by thugs and get away with it so far. I fully expect the level of violence to increase as the temperatures rise. It would be prudent to position some of your own plain clothes "security" sentries, equipped with FRS radios a short distance away from the main crowd, to serve as an early warning system for the main event if they observe a threatening crowd starting to plan a confrontation. I also recommend carrying stun guns and/or pepper spray for the purpose of a non-lethal warning to enraged opportunists from the opposing point of view. If you have a tight group of able bodied friends who are going, prepare your defense tactics ahead of time. Position yourselves at the edge of the crowd to protect the more vulnerable attendees. Watch your backs. Are the police forces members of a local union? Do you think you can trust them in an emergency? In the Atlanta incident the policeman kept the Tea Party individual from apprehending
    the creep who shoved him into an iron fence.
    Never underestimate what we are up against. Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. And always remember, there are more of us than there are of them.
    great point about the peperspray!

(Adams County)

Technically, isn't Tax Day April 18th this year?
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by popeyepae View Post
    Fed up with the way that federal and state government are run? Tired of high school property taxes? Want to see a change back to FREEDOM and INDEPENDENCE?

Well, grab your lawn chairs, protest signs, and Gadsden flags. It's time for the Second Annual Tax Day Tea Party at Wirt Park! This year's event is being held by the Hanover Tea Party Patriots. Information about the group and the event can be found on their webpage: www.hanoverteapartypatriots.org

Speakers invited to this year's rally:

-910 AM's Gary Suton

-Former gubernatorial candidate Sam Rohrer

-teapartypatriots.org national coordinator Diana Reimer

-Representative Will Tallman

-Representative Dan Moul

We have several surprise attractions lined up for the event.

Last year's rally we had over 400 people in attendance, lets fill the park this year!
    I'm planning on being there, even if for only awhile (it's my daughter's birthday too).