Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Upcoming Curio & Relic exceptions ?

Hey guys , according to the FFL03 rulebook when a firearm rolls over to 50 years it's c&r eligible. So my question is what types of guns would start becoming c&r eligible ?

Default Re: Upcoming Curio & Relic exceptions ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacecf89 View Post
    Hey guys , according to the FFL03 rulebook when a firearm rolls over to 50 years it's c&r eligible. So my question is what types of guns would start becoming c&r eligible ?
    Just because something reachs 50 years doe not automaticaly mean it is C&R eligible. Try here for more info.
    http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/index.php
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Lawrence County)

Thanks but from what I read it's still only had to of been manufactured and in original configuration. The rulebook says 50 years to the current date. So I was hoping for answers as to which guns made in the early 60's will become curio & relic in the next decade. Even machine guns that become 50 years old and are before the 86' ban wouldn't they be legal ? Eventually, of course that depends if there's not some bill passed before that.

(Washington County)

C&R machine guns still need to be NFA registered (tax stamp), but you dont need an FFL, just as any other C&R firearm.

My understanding was a firearm could be added to the list if it can be proven when it was made. thats why some of the SKS rifles can be listed, because the serial number range can be matched to a year of manufacture.

if in question, you can always ask the ATF on it. Or find a curator and ask them to get it listed

(Lancaster County)

Actually MG's that are 100 years old might start be NFA exempt because firearms that are 100 years old aren't firearms anymore.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    Actually MG's that are 100 years old might start be NFA exempt because firearms that are 100 years old aren't firearms anymore.
    So 7 more years and I can by a BAR? Sweet.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    So 7 more years and I can by a BAR? Sweet.
    IF you'd find one that's all original. I'm not sure what a full auto BAR goes for now but an ak47 full auto was around $10-12k . So a BAR that old , not already in a an armory or some guys home vault.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    Just because something reachs 50 years doe not automaticaly mean it is C&R eligible. Try here for more info.
    http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/index.php
    What are your referring to? Here is a link to the atf faq on curios or relics...which would seem to contradict your post.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curi...tml#definition

Q: What is a firearm curio or relic?
    Firearm curios or relics include firearms which have special value to collectors because they possess some qualities not ordinarily associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

Have been manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof; or
    Be certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; or
    Derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or from the fact of their association with some historical figure, period, or event.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBrody View Post
    What are your referring to? Here is a link to the atf faq on curios or relics...which would seem to contradict your post.
    http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curi...tml#definition
    The way I read that is that any firearm provably 50 years old or more is automatically C&R but other "younger" guns can be made C&R if the ATF deems a reason for the move. The Polish P64 is a prime example: mine was made in 1972 but it's a C&R.

(Lawrence County)

I know this , there are also limited ar-15s in the rulebook. But again my question is what am I going to start seeing. What types of guns were mass produced in the 60's ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast