Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: barska scopes??

(Westmoreland County)

Default barska scopes??

are barska scopes any good??? i seen this add for a nice variable high powered barska scope wondering if its any good http://www.shopbarska.com/Riflescope...r_mil_dot.html

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: barska scopes??

In a word, "NO."

Barska & UTG = crapola. Prone to breakage, rarely hold zeros, and not worth it at ANY price. You'll just be OUT those bucks, PLUS the additional bucks you need to save on top of it, to get QUALITY glass.

There's plenty of gently used QUALITY optics for sale here, and on other boards. Search around, and you'll be pleasantly surprised at the prices, and be thankful in the LONG run!

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: barska scopes??

I wouldn't recommend one of these scopes for a paintball gun....
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Westmoreland County)

What about BSA scopes

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Newbudby View Post
    What about BSA scopes
    I have a BSA on my Hipoint Carbine... It works ok. I have never had any other BSA optic/scope. I don't have any experience with them.
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

(Pike County)

.... to do what? To set and forget on your hunting rifle, probably yes. Cheap glass lacks repeatability, consistency, precise tracking, durability, and light transmission in marginal conditions. Put it this way, a cheap scope is still easier to use than good iron sights for most people. Just don't expect low end glass to do things that can't be engineered on the cheap. If you are looking for a 'tactical' scope that will be put to its intended use, I'd say the low end starts with the Super Snipers. I've had two of them, they work very very well for the money.

YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Newbudby View Post
    are barska scopes any good??? i seen this add for a nice variable high powered barska scope wondering if its any good http://www.shopbarska.com/Riflescope...r_mil_dot.html

(Westmoreland County)

Well are there any good scopes in my price range of 100 to 200 bucks, what brands carry "cheap" scopes that would hold up to a few range trips with a mosin nagant

Redfield does good glass on the cheap. Made on Leupold machines with fewer lens coatings and mid grade parts. I generally would avoid anything from a warsaw pact country unless it is IOR. Redfields might be slightly north of $200. I'd suggest saving longer to bump up the coin you can drop on a scope. You'll save in the long run if you only buy one scope instead of spending cash on a bad scope and then a replacement. If you need it right now, it is what it is...

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: barska scopes??

Quote Originally Posted by Policraticus View Post
    I'd suggest saving longer to bump up the coin you can drop on a scope. You'll save in the long run if you only buy one scope instead of spending cash on a bad scope and then a replacement. If you need it right now, it is what it is...
    Advice worth its weight in gold. And nobody ever became a WORSE shot, practicing with their irons until they could afford a good scope.