Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Wink New Gun Owner in Pittsburgh

Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I'm a big fan, and I've been following the threads for a few months while doing my gun research.

I've always wanted a pistol but finally went through with it! After research and shooting with friends I went with the glock 26. Got my LTCF last week (only took 2 days!) and picked up the pistol at Anthony Arms. I heard mixed reviews from there but they were friendly enough and had a great price.

Hoping to get out shooting soon, probably will take a NRA first steps course soon since all my knowledge so far is from friends as well as research (no formal courses or anything). I already know the basics of safety but it never hurts to reinforce those skills.

Looking at shooting ranges and clubs in the area and hope to make some friends soon in the area to shoot with (I have my I on PMSC).

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: New Gun Owner in Pittsburgh

Congrats! Welcome to the forums, I too am looking at PMSC, they hold a group shoot there every second sunday of the month, look for it in the shooting/range trips section of the forum. Its a great time, lots of good people and run times.
    - Josh -

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to the forum, and to the firearms community in general.

I will be at the next member meeting at PMSC to sign up.

I used to shoot at the State Game Lands in Wexford, but due to there limitations on how you can shoot and the poor safety skills and lack of any real rule enforcement I have decided I needed to join a club.

(Allegheny County)

welcome !!!!!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Welcome to the forum, and to the firearms community in general.

I will be at the next member meeting at PMSC to sign up.

I used to shoot at the State Game Lands in Wexford, but due to there limitations on how you can shoot and the poor safety skills and lack of any real rule enforcement I have decided I needed to join a club.

Welcome OP.

I'm taking a friend to PMSC as opposed to meeting at Wexford. Perhaps he will be inclined to join as well.

27hand

(Allegheny County)

PMSC is a great club. My wife and I started out going to the group shoots and we met the nicest people (Shawn and 27Hand being two examples). We are lucky to live close.

Some friends of ours from Natrona Heights might even be joining the club since one of them has visited with me on 1 occasion.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Legal_Eagle View Post
    Hey, I'm new to the forums, but I'm a big fan, and I've been following the threads for a few months while doing my gun research.

I've always wanted a pistol but finally went through with it! After research and shooting with friends I went with the glock 26. Got my LTCF last week (only took 2 days!) and picked up the pistol at Anthony Arms. I heard mixed reviews from there but they were friendly enough and had a great price.
    Hoping to get out shooting soon, probably will take a NRA first steps course soon since all my knowledge so far is from friends as well as research (no formal courses or anything). I already know the basics of safety but it never hurts to reinforce those skills.

Looking at shooting ranges and clubs in the area and hope to make some friends soon in the area to shoot with (I have my I on PMSC).
    Welcome to the Forum

Shameful plug:

your gonna be kicking yourself in the rear for buying it there, Ace's price this Friday, Sat. and Sunday, $499.88+ free box of ammo + your choice of Glock Hat or Range Bag.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    Welcome to the Forum

Shameful plug:

your gonna be kicking yourself in the rear for buying it there, Ace's price this Friday, Sat. and Sunday, $499.88+ free box of ammo + your choice of Glock Hat or Range Bag.

I know a guy who works there. I wonder if I could work out a deal where I buy the hat or range bag and get a free Glock?

Welcome to the forum, Legal_Eagle. Come out and join us at a group shoot. Second Sunday of every month at PMSC. The shoot is open to all members of this forum, so bring five bucks (free for PMSC members), and your new gun, and meet some great people from the area!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I know a guy who works there. I wonder if I could work out a deal where I buy the hat or range bag and get a free Glock?

Welcome to the forum, Legal_Eagle. Come out and join us at a group shoot. Second Sunday of every month at PMSC. The shoot is open to all members of this forum, so bring five bucks (free for PMSC members), and your new gun, and meet some great people from the area!
    he'll be the guy wearing a Team Glock Shirt and carrying a Sig P220 Stainless Elite
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by falcn View Post
    PMSC is a great club. My wife and I started out going to the group shoots and we met the nicest people (Shawn and 27Hand being two examples). We are lucky to live close.

Some friends of ours from Natrona Heights might even be joining the club since one of them has visited with me on 1 occasion.
    OOh and add Renegade and Emptymag to that list, and Roland and GroPa, and Atomic Dog and P-11....and and
    FNX-9 Two-tone

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast