Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Glock 26 Grip Extention...GAP or Pearce and why?

Which grip extension do you recommend? I've never heard of GAP until I saw a few posts here about them. I was set on Pearce PG-26 +0 but open to discussion. frankly I will probably order both and send back whichever does not fit right.

Which do you recommend and why?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Glock 26 Grip Extention...GAP or Pearce and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Oshuwah View Post
    Which grip extension do you recommend? I've never heard of GAP until I saw a few posts here about them. I was set on Pearce PG-26 +0 but open to discussion. frankly I will probably order both and send back whichever does not fit right.

A G19 mag with an A&G Grip extension.

I tried Glock mag extensions with my G23 but started to experience FTF's so they now sit on the bench.

The G19 mag will give you +5 rounds and the A&G nicely fills in the gap of the larger mag. My G23 is much easier to control with the longer mag and extension.

Look here: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=14&CAT=24

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post
    A G19 mag with an A&G Grip extension.

I tried Glock mag extensions with my G23 but started to experience FTF's so they now sit on the bench.

The G19 mag will give you +5 rounds and the A&G nicely fills in the gap of the larger mag. My G23 is much easier to control with the longer mag and extension.

Look here: http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=14&CAT=24
    I like how clean that is! I'm looking for the smallest size but I will definitely buy at least one of these for the range. This make up for the mag extension on the XD/XDm line, which I thought was a great idea.

(York County)

I like how clean that is! I'm looking for the smallest size but I will definitely buy at least one of these for the range. This make up for the mag extension on the XD/XDm line, which I thought was a great idea.
    You just answered your own question.... you want the GAP floorplates.

I have 2 kinds of pearce extensions +0 and the 2733 +2(I only get +1 in it), They are in the drawer not being used....

I carry my G26 with a 10 rd mag with a GAP floorplate on it and I think it's really a great addition, $20 for a pair of them(cheap enough), and they add so much more of a positive grip when drawing and firing. BUT They add no length to the grip, and because of the way it locks around your finger you actually have a better grip then with the added length pearce extensions add.

Here is a pic of mine, you can see how little to no length is added to the grip. Also notice the Traction Grips(rubber) on it that is another cheap but very nice grip addition that really helps give a good positive grip.
    http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/a...ruder33out.jpg

I carry a regular G17 or G19 mag for back-up.
    I also have the promag grip extension sleeve for on my G19 mags(same thing as the A&G Arrdy showed you) but mine have texturing on them like the Glock grip. They are nice feeling and give a full grip of coarse, but I don't carry them in the gun because they make the grip longer, and I don't carry my backup mags with them on because they make the mag bigger to carry and also make mag changes harder and slower because they don't drop as freely(because your hand is on the mag) and you can pinch yourself if you slam one in not having your hand skin clear. They are really not needed. IMO
    Last edited by Beardog; February 23rd, 2011 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Add pic

(Cumberland County)

Neither. I never found extensions to my liking. They make the grip bigger (you bought a subcompact because it was small, right?)
    I also find that they cause me to milk the grip and pull my shots down. The Pearce grips also pinch the absolute hell out of my finger.

I know some people swear by the GAP ones, they're just not for me. Try shooting without any extension. Wrap your pinky under the bottom of the magazine. You may find you like it. Here, I'll show you what I mean;
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

The GAP plates are not extensions. The pinky still goes under the mag and they do not provide any additional room for another finger. I have the GAP plates and really like them and they help to draw out of the holster very well.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    The GAP plates are not extensions. The pinky still goes under the mag and they do not provide any additional room for another finger. I have the GAP plates and really like them and they help to draw out of the holster very well.
    I was wondering about that! It seems I barely have room for two fingers let alone three between the extended lip of the GAP plate and the trigger guard.

Anyway, thank you guys for the detailed response. I am leaning toward the GAP but will have to order both and compare. I will definitely order a G19 magazine and one of the promag/A&G style covers as well. Seem like I can carry a couple of those extended mags in my EDC bag easily enough.

- Osh

(Montgomery County)

For me, I would never add a grip exension that didn't allow for additional rounds such as the PG-26 +0 you had mentioned. I had purchased 2 pearce grip exensions +3. They go onto my spare mags. I originally had one on my carry gun but decided that the reason why I bought the Glock 26 was its size and ended taking that +3 back off. The GAP floorplate is now on my radar as it doesn't add any extension but looks to add stability and comfort. Plus it looks pretty cool.

Anyway, here's the G26 standard grip and with mag exension so you can see a side-by-side comparison, or in this case over-under..

I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Lancaster County)

Jason,

Do you have a plug of some sort (seattle slug?) in the back of your 26? Do yo like it and why?
    I think I ma have to look into the GAP floor plates- I've always just preferred to wrap my pinky under the mag, but it looks like the GAP will still allow that while increasing grip strength...

Thanks, Cb

(Allegheny County)

+1 for the GAP! Adds confidence to your grip without interferring with function or operation of the pistol.
    Last edited by Hawk; February 23rd, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast