Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: Frank's Double Tap Range (Member Review)

I would like to visit this place and evaluate for myself as I have only been back in the region for a week. After reading some strange replies to this posting and it has struck my interest. Type A personalities come off as strong and bitter when they are simply too honest for their own good, myself being guilty of dressing down many, also being a retired sheepdog. Take a step back, breathe, and see what is really going on before you bite.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by class2SOT View Post
    I would like to visit this place and evaluate for myself as I have only been back in the region for a week. After reading some strange replies to this posting and it has struck my interest. Type A personalities come off as strong and bitter when they are simply too honest for their own good, myself being guilty of dressing down many, also being a retired sheepdog. Take a step back, breathe, and see what is really going on before you bite.
    You could be correct. I would have given it the benefit of the doubt, however it seems that the company rep. posted here, and his attitude was the thing that solidified what the OP was saying.

Definitely go in and check it out, maybe if this guy treats you as badly you can put him in his place (but I highly suspect that this guy only acts like this on internet forums).
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Montgomery County)

Only on internet forums from what I saw.

I'm sure if you went in there with an attitude, you'd get one right back. I visited it for myself. I was able to shoot and had no issues. That is a decent place for me. But I've only been there once on a weekday. If the place wasn't in Philly, I prob would consider visiting it more often, especially cause I think its open on Sundays. But Classic Pistol is my Sunday goto place in the rare times that I am home and wanna shoot. It is much further away, but I really don't like Philly that much, LoL.

I like to judge companies/products by how they react when things go wrong. If someone sells something and there is never an issue great. But I don't automatically trust/like that company. I look for problems and like to see how the company handles them. Yes I'd rather never have an issue, but stuff happens sometimes, and I'd like to have an idea how it will be resolved.

Pointman prob shouldn't be handling customer relations/complaints. I know business owners who are great in person and on the phone, but do not translate well online. This might be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Pointman prob shouldn't be handling customer relations/complaints. I know business owners who are great in person and on the phone, but do not translate well online. This might be the case.
    I'm sure you're right. We couldnt really hear the tone in his voice when he posted my full name and personal contact information and told people to contact me.

Something could just be lost in translation.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Only on internet forums from what I saw.

I'm sure if you went in there with an attitude, you'd get one right back. I visited it for myself. I was able to shoot and had no issues. That is a decent place for me. But I've only been there once on a weekday. If the place wasn't in Philly, I prob would consider visiting it more often, especially cause I think its open on Sundays. But Classic Pistol is my Sunday goto place in the rare times that I am home and wanna shoot. It is much further away, but I really don't like Philly that much, LoL.

I like to judge companies/products by how they react when things go wrong. If someone sells something and there is never an issue great. But I don't automatically trust/like that company. I look for problems and like to see how the company handles them. Yes I'd rather never have an issue, but stuff happens sometimes, and I'd like to have an idea how it will be resolved.

I am not sure how what that guy said here is a case of not translating well online. His statement wouldn't translate well in person or on the phone either. "Warriors, not vaginas" says it all.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Chester County)

Wow, read the thread...I'd be mother effing fuming if somebody posted personal info of mine on the internet...

What if the OP gets some wack-job coming to his home address over these posts?

Business ethics 101...Fail...

I agree with the OP, if this guy had posted my info on the internet, I would probably have to be taken out of the store in handcuffs...

(Montgomery County)

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

LoL.. Ok, maybe I need to choose better words. I'm suggesting/hoping that the same phrases typed out would not be used verbally.

I know business owners/people that when they are online, posting in forums etc. They are complete a-holes and do not sound very professional at all.. Once you speak to them in person, or the phone. You would swear it was a different person from online.

Totally agree the person claiming to represent Double tap is a d-bag from their responses. But while at the shop, in person, I did not get that feeling.

Far as the personal info, I dunno about that situation or what was posted. Good luck if you try to pursue that matter legally. I've been viciously attacked online for speaking my mind. To the point that I actually retained a lawyer and wanted to go after the people (finding out that a lawyer was reading their posts quickly ended the situation though). Long as you use or omit the right words/phrases you can pretty much say anything you want about people.

(Chester County)

Talking Re: Frank's Double Tap Range (Member Review)

I know business owners/people that when they are online, posting in forums etc. They are complete a-holes and do not sound very professional at all.. Once you speak to them in person, or the phone. You would swear it was a different person from online.
    I have seen that too but I'm a firm believer that if you act civil face to face and seem like "a good guy" and have the capability of posting what this guy did in an internet forum/facebook, then it speaks volumes of how 100% fake you are.

Either you're a total dick or you're not (with some middle ground I suppose). Your true colors show when you are given the relative anonymity of online/internet discussions and you choose to let your worst behavior show because you are not face to face and have minimal accountability to what you say.

Sure we can all misread tone, syntax, etc... but as others have said.

Warriors vs. Vaginas. You said it all right there
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

I am on no one's side. I served as a Judge and Infantry Officer in the United States Marine Corps for 33 years and have my own firearms business. This report is as experienced by myself and my wife.

At 11am my wife and I showed up with smiles and various NFA weapons. I was asked if I had either the proper FFL and SOT or transfer stamps in case a random inspection by BAFTE was prompted and I gladly showed my paperwork. This was a classy way to check, unlike ranges in Virgina and Florida have acted towards me. The man I spoke with was highly knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful. It turns out that we have deployed to some of the same crappy areas of this globe at similar times.

In my absent mindedness, I forgot to bring any .22 handguns. The staff member offered two of his personal .22LR SIG Sauers and his Glock 34 that my wife had her eyes on. That was appreciated. He diagnosed an issue a customer had with a pistol and lubricated it for free.

On coffeebreak, I watched the staff member and one of the owners deal with many walk ins and a local resident that was promptly ordered to leave upon the distinct odor of cannibis. The demeanor of the staff member showed the same one that made me smile in the posts we all read before. While some call smartass, rude, or loudmouthed, is in fact an aggressive nature of one who is in your face when the need exists. It is not always pretty, but it gets the attention of the intended. There is no doubt that there is no jaw flapping action without backup at this facility. An obvious background in military and police service exists here.

I bought memberships for myself and family memberships for my wife and one of my sons. I will be calling a partner about contracting training there shortly.

On the issue of the posts, shame on all of you. Do not demonize either man for having an issue or for one calling out the other.

Observe the facts. There has been no proper moderation of this thread or even an attempt to solve the problem except for (here we go) when Pointman73 stated that ZombieTom never approached the staff or owner about his issues. ZombieTom used their business page and this forum and Lord knows what others, to wreck havoc and do damage by recommending no one patronize a business for reasons that no one can seem to defend. Pointman73 posted a name and email address, arguably not personal information, for other concerned members to contact in which ZombieTom stated no one did. This escalated due to ZombieTom's lack of forward nature and the aggressive nature of Pointman73, and I do recognize the military dress down he wrote. Who is at fault? There is no one at fault. What is at fault is the PROBLEM not the person. Anyone with a myopic view could blame either.

If you do not understand the warriors vs vaginas line, I can explain it at another time. If you are silly enough to perpetuate this thread in an inflamatory manner, please get in touch with your place of worship instead. I am an American, a Marine, and a Christian and can forgive and forget. Avoid joining the Kool Aid drinkers.

I hope to join members of this forum for get togethers and group shoots. Let us solve problems and not make uneccessary enemies out of those who should be at our sides. This thread should be deleted and forgotten about.

(Montgomery County)

Proper Moderation? You dont appear to understand how it works.

Posters are responsible for the content of their own posts... I just make sure everyone stays within the rules.

the thread absolutely is moderated properly, I moderate the site rules.

you break the rules, you get consequences.

I'm not here to judge the validity of any claims, to "solve the problem" or to take sides for any posters in a issue such as this....thats for the posters to iron out in a civil way.

Until you know what the "moderator" does on a site... their duties and responsibilities, perhaps you should keep your observations to yourself.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast