Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Default Re: Frank's Double Tap Range (Member Review)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    Quoting myself,

You are clearly petty and are clingling to foolish ways. Refer to my prior statements and do not confuse your boyish ways with how I conduct myself. You were banned from our page and we could not care less about either posts. We have received phone calls and texts in reference to those who wish to ridicule you, but we prefer to let it rest as you did not speak to Frank about your concerns like a man would have. There is no need to reply,but if your feelings were so hurt, again, complain to Frank.

Again, you choose to use the internet for your ranting instead of being direct. If you would like, I can put you in touch with our training center psychologist or you can talk to a ten year old girl that I trained recently who has more class and fortitude than your bravado has shown.

The shop name is a red flag? Seriously? Get over yourself.

I never went off on you, I replied. Again, you mistake my words for hostility. A hothead? Not at all, I say what I mean and mean what I say. It is unfortunate you have no military or public safety service in order to develop character, instead you choose to be a character.

Reread the thread and get ahold of your balls and find another range. You rant and complain about non issues, cry all over the place and expect us not to give a reply? Nothing but warriors work at this place, not vaginas. If you act as a gentleman, you are treated as such.
    Your worst enemy could not have damaged your reputation any more than you just did.

I was especially creeped out by the "warriors vs vaginas" line. I know some professional soldiers. And I know mouthy blowhards. They are not hard to tell apart.

Has Dana Reed written some sort of customer service guide? The tone is familiar...
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Your worst enemy could not have damaged your reputation any more than you just did.

I was especially creeped out by the "warriors vs vaginas" line. I know some professional soldiers. And I know mouthy blowhards. They are not hard to tell apart.

Has Dana Reed written some sort of customer service guide? The tone is familiar...
    Yeah, my girlfriend that is also a paid member didn't like that line as well.. I guess since shes a vagina her money is no good.

(Bucks County)

I have not even walked into this place.
    After speaking with a few friends in the industry who offered to help the shop, they declined and acted like they knew what they were doing.

Thank you for posting this and confirming what I had heard through a good friend.

I will be staying where I am.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

i was thinking the same thing...nothing like trashing yourself by being arrogant. then again, i'm sure the "warriors" who like to "double tap" will be very comfortable there. i will spend my time on a range that doesn't view safety, etiquette, and, well...vaginas as such trivial things.

i'm over myself..me and my balls will spend our money elsewhere.

(Montgomery County)

Well, it got me curious.. Mapquest said they were 3.6 miles from me.

I actually think they referenced the complaint that was posted here when they were talking while I was in there.

I am not a social person. I don't really like people most of the time, but I will try and pretend :P. I'm certainly not the warrior, prob am a vagina person that was posted, :lol:

I go to a range to shoot. I try to be as safe as possible and clean up after myself. If I wanna be social at a range, I'll goto the gun club.

It wasn't busy, actually was 2-3 other shooters the time I was there, but most of the time I was alone. If I had gone there and couldn't shoot, it would of been a horrible experience. The guys behind the counter do seem to joke around. They are not professional comedians though, so you may or may not like their humor.. Answered my questions, Let me look at some shotguns and got some info on them to research.

Its 20$ for the range. I believe if you got there at opening time, paid 20 and didn't leave until closing, it would still only be 20. That is not bad. Especially since you can shoot rifles there with some exceptions.

Only issue if you could say it was one.. Previous shooters left their targets hanging. That is not a good or bad thing. I'm just in the habit of cleaning everything up after myself as best as I can. Guess it could be good if you didn't have targets and didn't wanna buy any.

The comment about being forced to buy their ammo to shoot. I'm assuming it was left out that you rented one of their guns? They have package deals, its like 50$ it pays for range time, rental and box of ammo for a .45 (price varied on the caliber gun rented) if I remember correctly. That is common that you need to purchase their ammo to use in their rental guns. And their package deals don't seem so bad, I didn't rent a gun, so I can't comment on the actual rental guns.

It was a good experience, I got to shoot, I wasn't bothered and didn't feel unsafe. Would I go back to just to shoot? Prob not, I just don't like Philly (nothing against the range), and I'm also a member of 3 other ranges/clubs. If I had a rifle to shoot, I prob would visit Double Tap once in a while to shoot during the week to satisfy that need..

Take it as you want.

I didn't rent a gun, I brought of my own.

Did he make you buy ammo? Because Frank the owner told me last night on the phone that everyone has to buy ammo, except there are on signs, nothing in writing and it seems to only be randomly enforced.

Question to anyone that has shot there, were you told to buy ammo?

I've shot there twice, the first time they didn't, the second time they did. I would think if you were gonna pick a choose who you would let slide on that "rule" it would be members.

Honestly this whole thing has become somewhat exhausting, but i just don't want to let myself feel bullied. There has to be some accountability.

(Montgomery County)

Nope, I asked how much to use the range, he said 20$, I said I'll be right back. Got my gun bags, came back in. He asked what kind of rifle I had, said it was a 22, he said ok. Paid my money, got a stapler to hang up my targets and went out to the range.

Maybe they didn't give me crap cause I was carrying, LoL. Seriously though, nothing about ammo purchase. And I didn't see any signs saying that. From hearing the two other shooters talking, I think they rented guns and were/had to use range ammo.. Which is normal from any other indoor range I've been to.

I think they don't allow reload ammo. Which again wasn't a concern for me since I was using factory stuff, he never asked to see my ammo though, (I know at French Creek, they wanted to see what I was shooting before allowing me on the range) but this weekend I am picking up a Dillon 550 .

Maybe its a weekend thing. I only visit the indoor ranges during the week. Weekends I'm away and visit the other 2 Club ranges I'm a member of.

You've voiced your concerns, and their replies to you spoke volumes. Get your refund and find another range that you are comfortable at. Just in the area of Double tap, there is Ready Aim Fire, Classic Pistol, and Pistol People.
    Last edited by Pkspawn; February 24th, 2011 at 11:20 PM.

Sinking Spring/Wernersville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    Quoting myself,

You are clearly petty and are clingling to foolish ways. Refer to my prior statements and do not confuse your boyish ways with how I conduct myself. You were banned from our page and we could not care less about either posts. We have received phone calls and texts in reference to those who wish to ridicule you, but we prefer to let it rest as you did not speak to Frank about your concerns like a man would have. There is no need to reply,but if your feelings were so hurt, again, complain to Frank.

Again, you choose to use the internet for your ranting instead of being direct. If you would like, I can put you in touch with our training center psychologist or you can talk to a ten year old girl that I trained recently who has more class and fortitude than your bravado has shown.

The shop name is a red flag? Seriously? Get over yourself.

I never went off on you, I replied. Again, you mistake my words for hostility. A hothead? Not at all, I say what I mean and mean what I say. It is unfortunate you have no military or public safety service in order to develop character, instead you choose to be a character.

Reread the thread and get ahold of your balls and find another range. You rant and complain about non issues, cry all over the place and expect us not to give a reply? Nothing but warriors work at this place, not vaginas. If you act as a gentleman, you are treated as such.

Are you kidding me? The attitude that you have shown here is no way to attract customers, and I certainly hope that you do not act like this in person. I have a feeling that you actually do not speak like this to individuals in person.

A customer had a complaint and used the business sponsored facebook page to express a concern, which is a legitimate use of the page. If you do not want people to use the facebook page then don't have a page for the business. Instead you create the group and then ridicule members that use the page and go so far as to post their personal information so others could contact them. That is no way to treat paying customers', to attract future customers, or to act as a man. You question the OP's manhood, and assume that how you are acting is how a man should be; not a self respecting man.

You say that the OP should have had military or public service to give him some character but I certainly hope that you are not insinuating that you have character. If you did serve in the military or public service, you have just shamed those that also served with your actions. I have many friends and family that have served in the military and none of them remotely resemble anything that you are putting out here.

You language and manner here have proven beyond a doubt that you are not a "warrior", you are not a gentleman, you are not a good businessman, and you are certainly not the picture of a gun owner that I want others to have.

Learn some manners, treat others with respect, and act like an adult and perhaps you can recover your reputation.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." - JOHN ADAMS, 2nd President of the United States of America

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by acosenza2 View Post
    Are you kidding me? The attitude that you have shown here is no way to attract customers, and I certainly hope that you do not act like this in person. I have a feeling that you actually do not speak like this to individuals in person.

A customer had a complaint and used the business sponsored facebook page to express a concern, which is a legitimate use of the page. If you do not want people to use the facebook page then don't have a page for the business. Instead you create the group and then ridicule members that use the page and go so far as to post their personal information so others could contact them. That is no way to treat paying customers', to attract future customers, or to act as a man. You question the OP's manhood, and assume that how you are acting is how a man should be; not a self respecting man.

You say that the OP should have had military or public service to give him some character but I certainly hope that you are not insinuating that you have character. If you did serve in the military or public service, you have just shamed those that also served with your actions. I have many friends and family that have served in the military and none of them remotely resemble anything that you are putting out here.

You language and manner here have proven beyond a doubt that you are not a "warrior", you are not a gentleman, you are not a good businessman, and you are certainly not the picture of a gun owner that I want others to have.

Learn some manners, treat others with respect, and act like an adult and perhaps you can recover your reputation.
    rep sent to you and gun lawyer
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

Not to pick at a scab here but what he did is in fact "Harassment". To post my personal information in a public forum and encourage people to contact me is Harassment.

The type of Harassment the I could go to a police station and file a report against him, his boss and the business as a whole. The type of Harassment that I could contact their insurance company and they would be none to pleased about. The type of Harassment that if I went full force may in fact eventually close that business.

He thinks I'm not a man? He has no idea how cool I'm being right now, and how much shit I could rain on his world.
    Last edited by ZombieTom; February 25th, 2011 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast